What's new

Carnivale (Season 2)... (1 Viewer)

JonZ

Senior HTF Member
AICN is reporting that according to Variety Carnivales future isnt looking to good and Knauf is already looking at doing another series at Shwotime.

Hope its not true. If wish HBO would let them finish the story with another season.

Jean D

Screenwriter
Real Name
Jean D
How depressing :frowning:

On another note, the actress that plays Rita Sue was the mother of the patient on this weeks "House" on Fox.

Rakesh.S

Second Unit
Cynthia Ettinger, who plays Rita Sue, was actually supposed to play Martha Kent on Smallville.. She was in the original unaired pilot. They ended up replacing her with Annette O'Toole.

Nicodemus

Stunt Coordinator
I believe Variety is basing its assumptions about the future of Carnivale on the fact that Knauf is going to produce another show. That's not a problem to be involved with many shows at the same time. Many have done it before Knauf. I don't see this has nothing to do with whether Carnivale is renewed or not.

Quentin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Quentin H
I think they are also basing it on the fact that Deadwood just got renewed for a 3rd season, and still no word on Carnivale. Only 2.4 million viewers for the finale doesn't help. It's a boost for Carnivale, but it's still not a big following...and, despite how much WE love Carnivale, Deadwood is a far bigger critical darling.

Let's all cross our fingers...

todd s

Senior HTF Member
If HBO decides not to renew the show. What are the chances they will at least do a 2 hr movie that could wrap up the loose ends??

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
I'd rather them just let the show go then try to to tie everything up in a movie. It would just seem rushed compared to the great pace of the show. They never hurried, they just did their thing. Here's to hoping Variety is wrong...

Qui-Gon John

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Co
Here's hoping HBO isn't so tied to numbers like other networks. When something is good, they usually support it.

Romier S

Senior HTF Member
Here's a post from Clancy Brown himself on the Yahoo message board on the Third Season and Variety's report:

There's always the chance the show may not return for a third season, but I'll take the insights of one of the show's participants over any speculation Variety wants to report.

Matt Stone

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Stone
Indeed. He's so damn good all the time. I loved the psuedo show-down between him and Samson last week. Two experts going toe-to-toe.

todd s

Senior HTF Member
Clancy rules. I was disappointed that they didn't even consider him to play Lex Luthor in the new Superman movie. Yes, I know he played Lex in the animated Supes show.

Rakesh.S

Second Unit
I think Clancy is too tall to play Lex Luthor..What is he, 6'4 or 6'5?

Lex should be right around 6'.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
blitz
Recent bookmarks