What's new

Captain America: Brave New World (2025) (1 Viewer)

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Some spoilery set pics of Tyler, Mackie, and More
It sure looks like:
Thaddeus Ross's funeral. I'm wondering if Harrison Ford's "Thunderbolt" Ross is supposed to be the brother of William Hurt's character, who stayed in the military when Hurt's Ross took a civilian cabinet position.

Alex...

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Alex Czaplicki
Last edited:

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
I like the change. I’ll take Aldous Huxley (“Brave New World”) over George H.W. Bush (“New World Order”) any day.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
Yikes. I hated the Huxley novel. It bored me to tears. I would have stopped reading it in the middle if it hadn't been assigned for school. Hopefully borrowing it is not indicative of what they're actually doing here.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
Apparently, the title was changed because of its anti-semitic meaning.

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Yikes. I hated the Huxley novel. It bored me to tears. I would have stopped reading it in the middle if it hadn't been assigned for school. Hopefully borrowing it is not indicative of what they're actually doing here.
The title of the Huxley novel is itself referencing Shakespeare's The Tempest. In the final act, Prospero's daughter Miranda remarks:
O wonder!
How many goodly creatures are there here!
How beauteous mankind is! O brave new world,
That has such people in ‘t!
There's a certain irony behind her exclamation; she has grown up on the island and has been sheltered from the world at large. Now she joins it with wide-eyed optimism. But there is a certain irony underlying her words, because the audience knows that the same people she finds so "goodly" and "beauteous" have proven themselves to be selfish, disloyal, cruel and even murderous.

I would guess the title (both versions) is simply referencing the fact that the Blip has upended the world order and there are still a lot of dangerous unknowns as the world struggles to reach a new equilibrium.

Joe Wong

Senior HTF Member
From cinematographer Kramer Morgenthau: filming has wrapped.

Attachments

• IMG_6317.jpeg
    IMG_6317.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 23

John Sparks

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Sparks
Apparently, the title was changed because of its anti-semitic meaning.

If you lean left/right someone will find something wrong with anything.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
Oh, of course not. There will be additional work to be done on the film in due course before it can come out. But it is probably still a relief to have the principal photography finished before any possible prolonged period of work stoppage.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks