What's new

Captain America: Brave New World (2025) (1 Viewer)

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member

Shira Haas has been cast as Sabra, who in the comics is a powerful Israeli mutant with powers reminiscent of Supergirl: Super strength, super speed, and near-invulnerability. While she can't fly naturally, most iterations of the character come equipped with technology that allows her to fly.

Aside from David Haller/Legion, whose mother is Israeli, she is the only Marvel superhero I can think of who is explicitly Israeli. Usually, she's working for Mossad. Given the movie's title, it seems fair to assume that there will be a lot of scrambling by the nations of the world in the aftermath of the Blip and the events of "The Falcon and the Winter Soldier".

Will the MCU version of the character be a mutant as well? "Ms. Marvel" cracked open the door for mutants in the MCU. On the other hand, given that it's a Captain America movie, perhaps she's the product of Israel's own super soldier program?

Wayne_j

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Wayne
That was from the same source of the previous report that they wanted to cast Ford as Ross.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
I don't love the idea of William Hurt being recast. I still think they should just create a new character to serve the same function as Hurt did.

However, I've got to admit Harrison Ford in the MCU is pretty cool.

jayembee

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jerry
While I didn't dislike Hurt as T-Bolt, I always thought of him as a recast, since I still prefer Sam Elliott. So I don't mind that the role is being recast, though while I like the idea of Harrison Ford playing the character, I would've been happier if it was Sam Elliott coming back to it.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
I would've been happier if it was Sam Elliott coming back to it.
There's nothing for Elliot to come back to because Ang Lee's Hulk is not considered canonical to the MCU. So Hurt was no more a recast than Andrew Garfield or Tom Holland were when they started their franchises separately from the prior films.

jayembee

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jerry
There's nothing for Elliot to come back to because Ang Lee's Hulk is not considered canonical to the MCU. So Hurt was no more a recast than Andrew Garfield or Tom Holland were when they started their franchises separately from the prior films.

I know all that. I was speaking to my feelings on the matter, not the facts of the matter. What Stephen Colbert would call "truthiness".

(That said, I -- personally -- whenever I've watched Hulk in the past dozen years, I think of it as representing the origin of the MCU Hulk regardless of whether it's officially considered canon or not. I don't really give a fig about official canon. I decide for myself what I want to consider canon, and what I don't.)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks