What's new

Canadians: I need some MORE suggestions... (1 Viewer)

Tony-B

Senior HTF Member
Nickelback would be a good choice. You may have to edit a song or two on "Silver Side Up" if you decide to play it, since they do say s**t and f**k on the album. I don't know if you can play songs with bad language or not. You might also want to play Sum 41, since they are extremely popular, and would bring people in. If you ask me, I think that their new album, Does This Look Infected? is their best. Check that one out. It might be a good option for you.

Graeme, Chad Kroeger, the lead singer of Nickelback, was actually the one who get Theory Of A Deadman a deal with Roadrunner Records (Nickelback's record company). So that is probably why they sound similar.

Kip Lackey

Stunt Coordinator
Although already mentioned, a different take on one of the bands:

Tragically Hip - Their live stuff if GREAT (they put on a great show). There are several bootlegs floating around that do a great job capturing the live show energy. Try to find one, good stuff.

Guess Who- I think they are Canadian.
Wide Mouth Mason- "Tell Me" is COOOOOL.

Just a gazillion great Canadian bands out there.

David Lawson

Screenwriter
Real Name
David Lawson
Kip, I've seen The Hip live three times...you don't have to tell me! I'll try to find more Wide Mouth Mason. I think I only featured one of their tracks last year.

Today, I picked up I Mother Earth's Scenery And Fish and Amanda Marshall's self-titled album (in the country section?) for under $4 total. Sweet!

Peter_A

Second Unit
You could also try The Watchmen. Some of my favorite tracks of theirs are "All Uncovered", "Holiday" and "Absolutely Anytime".

David Lawson

Screenwriter
Real Name
David Lawson
Isn't Stabbing Westward from Chicago? I might add some more Econoline Crush, since "Wicked" went over moderately well last year.

Graeme Clark

Senior HTF Member
Graeme, Chad Kroeger, the lead singer of Nickelback, was actually the one who get Theory Of A Deadman a deal with Roadrunner Records (Nickelback's record company). So that is probably why they sound similar.
Oh, I know. Chad loves getting involved with bands that sound like them.

David Lawson

Screenwriter
Real Name
David Lawson
Well, I did it again. I forgot to update everyone on the air dates and times.

Once again, I'm on the air at 8:00 AM EST on Tuesdays. The second show airs in less than eight hours, but it's also available in streaming MP3 format for 48 hours afterwards. You can find the links to everything on my site, referenced in the first post of this thread.

Vickie will be pleased to hear that Jane Siberry made the playlist this week. I'll be sure to pronounce her name correctly. :)

Thanks again for all of the suggestions, and don't hesitate to add more, especially brand new stuff.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks