What's new

Canadian Ginger Snaps NOT widescreen! (1 Viewer)

AaronG

Stunt Coordinator
Hi guys!
I just finished watching the Canadian release of Ginger Snaps. The case says its 16x9 widescreen, but it isn't. It almost doesn't seem pan and scan-it's like they just hacked off the sides of the movie. Many of the credits aren't even in frame! Good film-crappy framing.

Matthew Chmiel

Senior HTF Member
My copy is in widescreen and looks framed correctly. Are you sure you don't have the "pan-and-scan on the fly" feature enabled on your player?
Also, do a search next time you post... you'll find a whole thread on this topic dealing with this topic.
------------------
mynewsig.jpg

Link Removed / AIM: MrMatthew / ICQ: 96444542
"I'm a firm believer in the philosophy of a ruling class. Especially since I rule."

Mark Cappelletty

Senior HTF Member
Thanks for the heads up on this Matthew! When I saw the header, I flew into a rage as I just ordered this three days ago!

Mark McLeod

Second Unit
Yeah it's widescreen. I haven't bothered to see if it's the pan and scan on the fly problem but that appears to be the most likely suspect. My review of the title can be found on my website.
Mark
Link Removed. Just look under the "Latest Reviews" Section

AaronG

Stunt Coordinator
D'OH!
Sorry Guys! I should have searched first and ranted later. Pan and Scan on the fly was the problem. I've never had that situation with my sd2109 before and this is about the 300th disc I've put through it.

Chris Xolotl

Second Unit
Aaron:
I have the SD-2109 and took me some time to realize, I could be watching the Ring Virus DVD in widescreen instead of pan and scam. Same goes with Shaolin Soccer.
I never found a use for the DVD menu until now...
Damn, this thread scared me since I have Ginger Snaps (CAD) on it's way to me now!!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks