What's new

Can the upgraded SVS driver (1 Viewer)

Rick Radford

Supporting Actor
change the output level on my BFD? I don't see how that could be. But unless I've changed something and don't remember doing it, my BFD output levels are definitely up from where I remember seeing them.
I *never* got the BFD clip light to illuminate before with ref level MV setting. But after the driver upgrade, using the same source (Titan AE), I am getting significant illumination of my clip output LEDs... this at 5 to 10 under ref, too.
I have even seen the Samson amp very slightly light up the clip LED since the upgrade, but I had the sub about 5 dB hotter than the calibrated level.
Maybe I just didn't have things set like I did when I last set up the BFD. But is it possible that the new driver takes less power and allows the output level on the BFD to be higher that originally set?
I figure I'm just not remembering correctly. ;)
Oh.. one thing I remember changing in the last few days before the upgrade.. I disabled the Bass Peak Level Limiter after reading Ron's post about bass compression. Could that have been a factor?
One thing's for sure, this new driver can really sing! Although I've lusted after a 2nd CS, this has moved me much closer to a dual CS setup sound than I would have thought possible (if I remember how those dual CSes sounded a few weeks ago)
Looks like I better recalibrate after the driver upgrade.

jeff peterson

Supporting Actor
Rick, what is the bass peak level limiter? Is that something unique to your amp/receiver? I have the BFD 1124 and don't remember anything there....

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks