What's new

Can someone tell me about Roy Harper? (1 Viewer)

Gary->dee

Screenwriter
Led Zeppelin had a tribute song or something like that to him, "Hots off to Roy Harper" which I believe was on their 3rd album. Pink Floyd used him to voice their fantastic song "Have a Cigar" on the Wish You Where Here album. But I don't know anything about this guy. Would someone shed some light on Roy Harper?

Thanks!

KrisM

Second Unit
I don't know alot about him and don't have any of his music. But I did see him in concert about ten years ago. I went to a concert by The Tea Party when they were still unknown and Harper opened up for them.
His music was kinda folky, with an edge. He seemed pissed off about alot of things and very grumpy. Entertaining though. He was very hard to understand, with a pretty thick accent(Irish or Welsh I think). He almost sounded like he was drunk, too.
It was a strange sight seeing a '60s folk singer in a punk/metal bar with a bunch of kids with mohawks and close-pin peircings. Very few people paid him any attention and I'll bet I was one of the few who knew who he was.

Regards
KrisM

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks