What's new

Can my cat knock over the speaker by pulling on the cord? (2 Viewers)

Evan H

Stunt Coordinator
My cat loves to play with wires. I just moved back into my parents' house after graduating college, and so my system came back with me. I want to get it wired and crank some movies, but i'm afraid of Sparky (yes my cat has a dog's name) pulling on the speaker cable and toppling it over potentially hurting both the speaker and my cat. Is there anything to worry about?
I'll post pictures later on today if anyone needs them to analyze the situation better. The equipment in question is Paradigm Studio 20's V.2 on top of cheapo particle board stands that are 30" tall.
Thanks in advance :)

CapnSharpe

Stunt Coordinator
I've found my speaker wires mysteriously separated from the binding posts, but I don't think they've knocked over the speakers by yanking the wires. When I find the speakers on the floor the wires are usually still in the binding posts. I suspect the speakers fall when one or both cats rushes or wrestles into the speaker stand, knocking the speaker over.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
balajipackersmovers
Recent bookmarks