What's new

Calling all sponges! (1 Viewer)

Andrew Radke

Screenwriter
Real Name
Andrew Radke
I still haven't gotten around to getting season 1 yet. I just recently became a fan of the show. For the longest time, my niece would watch it and I'd pay it no mind. After reading about how huge the adult fanbase was for the show, I decided to sit through an episode and instantly loved it. I don't know if it's because of the "Ren & Stimpy"-esque type of animation, or the cleverly hidden (more mature) jokes. But now I watch it with my niece every morning before taking her to school.

Of course, I get laughed at by family and friends for actually "liking" this show. To each their own I guess.

Jim*F

Stunt Coordinator
I love this show, but will not buy any DVDs until "Help Wanted," the official pilot that was broadcast as part of the second episode of Season 1, is released on DVD. I was all set to get Season 1 last year, but as soon as I saw "Help Wanted" was missing (due to music rights for the Tiny Tim song???), I put it back on the shelf.

MattGentry

Second Unit
Wow. Mind you, I'm a DVD enthusiast, but that's quite a stretch of a reason for not buying the DVD set.

However, you are entitled to your rights...

JohnSmith

Supporting Actor
It's unusual that quite a few season boxsets have the pilot missing- Star Trek, Due South and now Spongebob; annoying but I guess nothing you can do about it.

Jim*F

Stunt Coordinator
It's not really a stretch for me. "Help Wanted" sets up the whole show (since it is when Spongebob gets the job at the Krusty Krab), and the end sequence with the Tiny Tim song is one of the funniest things I've seen in years. Since it's not on the Season 1 DVD, that leaves open the possibility that it will appear on a future DVD, so I'm content saving my money and seeing what happens.

JohnSmith

Supporting Actor
It's possible it'll be a "extra" on the last season boxset on SBSQ, like Due South S3 (pilot two parter as a extra)

Casey Trowbridg

Senior HTF Member

It could be worse...they could release the pilot with different music or no music. I'd rather they wait and get the music clearance thing ironed out, wasn't enough to keep me from buying season 1.

I have to buy season 2 if for no other reason than my nephew has played my season 1 DVDS so much...my mom, and my sister both have all the episodes memorized.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks