What's new

Calibrating dts channel levels??? (1 Viewer)

MichaelO

Stunt Coordinator
Was curious what you guys use to calibrate the channel levels for dts? I have VE but it is only in DD not dts. Would the THX Optimzer stuff on a lot of DVDs work? I have read that they aren't very accurate. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
If they are matched for DD, then they will be matched for DTS. Only the sub setting will be a little different (DTS tracks tend to have a bit more bass), but that will vary based on source material.

MichaelO

Stunt Coordinator
John, thanks for the input. I have my dts settings set the same as my DD settings right now I was just hoping that someone had put out test tones on a dvd in dts so I could be 100% for sure that everything is dialed in right. One thing that I thought might throw off the settings on my system is the fact that I am using the DD decoder in my Denon pre/pro whereas I am using the dts decoder in my dvd player for dts material. I guess I just wanted to make sure I had everything set up correctly.

Thanks again!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks