What's new

cafepress? (1 Viewer)

Micah Cohen

Screenwriter
Nope, not a thread about a coffee maker.

I want to know, has anyone ever used CafePress to make their own t-shirts and stuff?

Any opinions, advice, theories or feedback?

MC

Carl Miller

Screenwriter
I did, for fundraisers on my web site.

The bottom line with it is that if you have the time to get your own products made through private business, you're willing to carry an inventory, do all the packing and shippping and you can live with the risk of not selling the inventory, you're much better off doing it on your own. You'll simply make more money this way.

If you don't have the time, don't want an inventory and the associated risk, and you can live with the idea of cafepress making more money than you do in the deal, then it's ok.

Their actual products, such as t-shirts and such are fair. I had some complaints of fading on shirts for example, and larger problems with calendars which were printed off center.

Their customer service philosophy is to refund with no questions asked. They just tell customers to keep the defective produect without replacing it and of course cancel the sale. They actually make little effort, if any, to resolve production problems with your products.

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
LOL - I'm actually wearing a shirt that I created from CafePress. :D

Now that they can do white text on black, I got a black shirt with cartoon text that says "Mark" across the chest. :)

I also used them for merchandise for my band. It was great because I didn't have any upfront fees. The quality of some of the stuff isn't super great, but a lot of their stuff is pretty good (for the price).

I got my bands logo on a mouse pad for like $12 and it looks great! Where else can you get a custom printed mousead for that price?

p.s. Someone told me that they ordered something from my bands site and it was printed badly. She said she dealt with their customer service dept. and they were great and replaced everything without any cost to her. :emoji_thumbsup: They even let her keep the 'bad' merchandise.

Paul D G

Screenwriter
I designed some tshirts for a band and we sold them thru this site. While I'm not actively wearing a color-printed shirt, I am impressed with the black printing. It's just a small black logo on the breast of a grey shirt and it's a regularly washed item. I expected it to fade after a while but it still looks great. Have been wearing this for a couple years now.

I have a coffee mug on my desk with the same logo used as a pen cup. This looks great too.

-paul

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
Yes, the quality is nothing like you'd get at an actual t-shirt printing place, but for the price, how can you go wrong?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks