Cable TV and HDTV

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Paul_L, Mar 21, 2001.

1. Paul_L

Paul_L Extra

Hi.... Ihave a questions regarding Cable TV. By the way I want to thank everyone who has been replying to my posts and others. The help I am receiving is incredible!!! Thanks again.
    OK.....I am purchasing a Toshiba 40H80 and I am NOT buying the set-top tuner.
    I currently have bargain basement, plaster spotted coax cable- cable TV. Not DSS, Not DirecTV, just good ol Chicago Cable TV. Can I just hook this to the back of my 40H80 and watch cable TV?
    I know the incoming signal is neither digital nor Hirg Def, but it should be better to watch than on my old 27" Sanyo from 1993...Right?

2. Mike I

Mike I Supporting Actor

Yes you can hook it directly to your 40h80
    ------------------

3. Neal_C

Neal_C Second Unit

Theoretically, yes, it should be better..higher quality tv, line doubled, etc..but when it comes to Rear Projection tv's and getting bigger screens, its garbage in, garbage out. Its gonna all depend on the quality of your cable.
    I don't wanna scare you away from a bigger tv by any means. I bought the Mits 46807 and love it. DVD's look wonderful and after calibrating with AVIA and doing some tweaks offered on the HomeTheaterSpot, my cable does not look half bad. I am very happy with my purchase.
    Good luck with yours, and have fun with it. 40H80 is a nice set, I considered buying it also, but went with the Mits instead.
    Neal

4. Scott Galaba

Scott Galaba Auditioning