What's new

Cable connection? (1 Viewer)

Danny B

Grip
Hi,

I need some help connecting my cable tv to more then 1 room.

I have cable connected to my TV in my living room,and now i have a dedicated theater room (f.projector) and want the cables program run there as well.I think i would need some kind of adapter with 1xIN and 2xOUT,meaning...original cable going from outside(telegraph poles) to inside of my living room connected with that adapter that has 2xOUTS,then 1 going to the TV and the other going to my theater room at the recievers end,Does that sound right?

If so where can i get that type of adapter and what would it be called?

Also is there a coaxial adapter/plug that will become an RCA plug,my reciever has only coaxial RCA type inputs?

Thanks for any inputs and i hope i didnt confuse you'se too much.

J

John Morris

Danny: Go up to your attic or crawlspace or find where your cable comes into your house. From there, cut your coax and use a quality splitter to connect that single input into two cable runs. If your runs are very long, the slight signal loss caused by splitting may affect your images. However, most folks can split their signal many times without noticable problems. Next, you need to run a coax line to your HT room. From there, you will need to demodulate the cable signal before inputting it into your receiver. Most folks simply use their VCR for that purpose. Run the coax to your VCR input, then run coax from the VCR's output to your TV. From the VCR's stereo output, run analog interconnects to an input of your reciever. When you want to use your receiver for watching a cable TV program with DPL, turn on your VCR and select that input on your receiver. When you just wanna watch plain old TV, just use your TV... Hope this was understandable.

Danny B

Grip
Thanks John for the reply,

just one thing.When i run the cable to the vcr to demodulate the signal,can i connect the VCR OUT to my yamaha reciever VCR-IN instead of directly to the tv(im actually using a projector)as you mention?

I want to use a few things connected to my projector(vcr,playstation,tv cable) using the composite signals from the reciever to the projector and only S-VIDEO cable directly from my DVD to the projector,can i do that?

Thanks again for your input

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks