1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

C’mon Shout Factory Fernwood 2 Night

Discussion in 'TV on DVD and Blu-ray' started by Dave Scarpa, Jan 17, 2020.

1. Dave Scarpa

Dave Scarpa Producer

David Scarpa
    Thanks for Mary Hartman, but Fernwood and later America 2Night was my favorite. These shows are so classic. It’s time these shows get a release and get found again.

2. Lecagr

Lecagr Supporting Actor

Lee
    I'd like to see Forever Fernwood get released, this is the follow up series that ran for 26 weeks and 130 episodes after Mary Hartman ended.

3. shoeshineboy

shoeshineboy Second Unit

dan olson
    We want Happy Kyne!

MatthewA and Flashgear like this.
  4. Dave Lawrence

Dave Lawrence Supporting Actor

Dave
    I'd probably get Fernwood 2 Night and America 2-Night eventually, if offered, though neither are must-haves for me.

But, like Lee, the one I really want is Forever Fernwood. I'd love to see the continuation of the MH saga and how everyone moves on with Mary gone. That would be a Day 1 purchase for me, and I seldom make Day 1 purchases anymore.

Of course the reality is that we'll probably never see releases for any of them. Either Sony, or Shout or both, seem to have lost interest. I'm still amazed and happy that we actually got all of MH.

Lecagr and Flashgear like this.
  5. Flashgear

Flashgear Screenwriter

Randall
    Loved all the Fernwood incarnations, and I generally can't stand Norman Lear...but talk about politically incorrect humor that would be incendiary now, inflaming all the deranged hyenas on Twitter..."Talk to a Jew" phone in segment, with a Jewish business man who was caught and held interminably in a Fernwood speed trap...The Vietnamese boat people refugee promoting his patriotic book Yankee Doodle Gook...Linda promoting the Fernwood nudist colony...the Church of Divine Lemonade...Salvation Army doo-wop choir..."Electrocution Night '78"...Alta Coma California, the "unfinished furniture capital of the world"...Charlton Heston, Robin Williams and George Gobel playing cranky or crazy parodies of themselves...Martin Mull and Fred Willard, "Happy" Kyne (great composer Frank DeVol!) and the Mirthmakers...the most disinterested and dour talk show house band ever... surreal, bizarre and often hilarious...I want it on DVD...

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

shoeshineboy likes this.
  6. Lecagr

Lecagr Supporting Actor

Lee
    Forever Fernwood is near or at the top of my list of holy grail shows. If Shout Factory released it, it could be a 13 disc set with 10 episodes on each disc. Seems very do-able but Shout has to be interested to do it in order for it to happen. I'm remaining hopeful that it will be released eventually.

MatthewA and Dave Lawrence like this.
  7. LouA

LouA Screenwriter

Lou Antonicello
    Loved this show when it aired nightly back in the late seventies, both versions America and Fernwood . I'd buy in a second if Shout Factory ( or anyone else ) offers it . Hopefully, there aren't too many music related complications . So, Shout Factory please release this complete series on DVD. BTW, 10 episodes are bonus features on the complete Mary Hartman box set .

MatthewA likes this.
  8. Mark Y

Mark Y Screenwriter

I would love to have Fernwood 2Night and America 2Night. But we're talking 130 episodes. That's gonna be expensive.

Speaking of which...I remember in the summer of 1978, at the very end of the run of America 2Night, Channel 32 in Chicago repeated the first two weeks of Fernwood 2Night in its timeslot. Was it like that in other cities?

MatthewA likes this.
  9. Message #9 of 9 Jan 18, 2020
    Last edited: Jan 19, 2020
    MatthewA

MatthewA Lead Actor

Matthew
    130 episodes with multiple songs in each one. You're looking at another WKRP-level music rights clearance undertaking.

And another customer who would be first in line to buy it if they actually did it.

Sean Thompson likes this.