What's new

Bye bye Acura... (1 Viewer)

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Gen 3 Integras are remarkably easy to steal also. I won't tell you how, because you never know who is reading, but I know this because I have owned both a 95 GSR and a 2000 Type R. Fortunately, neither was stolen, but I have MANY friends who have had theirs stolen. Some found stripped, some never found.

By the way, this is one of the reasons I did not buy another Integra, eventhough it is a great car.

ChadM

Stunt Coordinator
Also, when dealing with your adjuster bring up any work you have had done to the car recently.

When I totalled my Honda CRX, the adjuster lowballed me and then I brought up the fact that I had just had a lot of work done to the car (new tires, tuneup etc) and he gave me a better deal.

Good luck!

Prentice Cotham

Supporting Actor
Well here's an update:

I called my insurance company today and they said that tomorrow they would be settling with me. I had my replacement picked out--a 4x4 pickup. I get home and there's a message from the police. They found my car in a town about 30 minutes away. Unbelievable. Apparently, all that was done was that they cracked the steering column. So, it's off to a collision shop and the State Farm estimator is going to look at it. I'm going to try and check it out tomorrow as well b/c I can't imagine that that is all that was done. Anyhoo, my main concern is that they ragged on my car hard. I drive the car like a baby and it gets used to how you treat a transmission. Any advice on what can be done about future problems that might arise from this theft that I can deal w/ the insurance company on? Or am I S.O.L?

Philip_G

Senior HTF Member
too much time involved, plus finding a buyer for all the parts, how do you think salvage yards make their $$ :)

Tim Markley

Screenwriter
I never understood this concept. If the parts are worth more than the car, why wouldn't someone simply chop up their own car (or have someone do it) instead of trying to sell it whole?
Because a STOLEN car is worth only a small % of it's retail worth. A thief will not get the same amount of $$ that you would for selling the car. Parts can be sold for much closer to their retail value because there's really no way to tell that they are stolen (for most parts).

Lew Crippen

Senior HTF Member
Glad that you got your car back.

As for me, someone just backed into my Acura (3.5 TL) yesterday. So it will be off to the body shop.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks