What's new

By Dawn's Early Light (1990) (1 Viewer)

Jeff_HR

Senior HTF Member
I've purchased "By Dawn's Early Light" from DDD with free shipping. It only cost me $5.99!

Aryn Leroux

Screenwriter
This definately flew under my radar :)
I ordered from ddd for the $5.99 shipped. This has been on my wish list for the longest time and i didn't even know it was coming out till today. This will make a good double feature with the day after which comes out tomorrow.

John*C

Stunt Coordinator
Paul I am with you bring on the Damnation Alley W/S, I am looking forward to hearing those wierd lights and the sounds they make in 5.1. Those killer cockroaches coming at you like a giant size batch of Mara Bunta from movie "The Naked Jungle".
BTW I have a pre-recorded VHS tape of "By Dawns Early Light" I watch once in a while.:)

Christopher D

Second Unit
Sweet! Thanks for the heads up on "By Dawn's . . . ." (and to read about this the day after watching "Victory Through Airpower" is a little surreal.)

Drew Reiber

Supporting Actor
If HBO had the smarts to release them, I would love to have DVD copies of the two Private Eye Lovecraft films; Cast a Deadly Spell and Witch Hunt.

Eric Huffstutler

Screenwriter
Real Name
Eric Huffstutler
Received mine today. It is bare bones, 4:3 ratio, English Dolby 2.0 (says surround) and closed captioned. That is what's on the back of the case but at work and haven't seen it yet.
Like the above post, what would you expect for $5. Just be glad we have it on DVD :)
Eric

Aryn Leroux

Screenwriter
I received mine from ddd today aswell. Hey for a $5 dvd there is even a insert, makes you wonder about the studios who don't bother with inserts.

Jamie Cole

Stunt Coordinator
Perhaps since this was a TV movie it was shot on tape, but the transfer to me looks like it's a tape source. There are several moments when there are some distinctly tape-like flaws present (tracking lines, magnetic interference, etc.). I guess at this price point we shouldn't expect anything more than what we got.

I was really looking forward to this, and I'm glad to have it on DVD, even if it looks pretty much like my VHS, even on a big display. It's certainly watchable if you like the movie (and I do). But what does it say about a transfer when the BEST thing you can say is "watchable"?

Eric Huffstutler

Screenwriter
Real Name
Eric Huffstutler
Like you and I said, just be glad to get it on DVD. It isn't a "high profile" movie and so I'm sure HBO invested little to get copies out of the door for the few who will buy it. At $5 who really can complain? You can do a whole lot worse at that price... can you say Madacy? I would gladly purchse more of these major studio budget priced DVDs with obscure titles to have them fill holes in my collection!

Eric

DougFND

Stunt Coordinator
Glad this came up. I remember renting this on VHS many years ago and really liking it.

Off to discountdvd.com to order my copy...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks