What's new

Buzz Aldrin punches out Moon Conspiracy theorist (1 Viewer)

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
after Bart Sibrel (the guy hocking the moon hoax tapes on TV) asked him to swear on a Bible he'd been to the moon
More on Bart:
Link Removed
Go Buzz!

SteveA

Supporting Actor
Buzz Aldrin: The second man to step foot on... Area 51? Did anyone see the Fox special? I didn't, but most people I know who saw it now believe the moon landing was faked.

RichardMA

Second Unit
He should have decapitated the guy since the guy wasn't
using his brain anyway. Why is it there are people out
there whose lives are so boring and awful they have to
make up nonsense like this?

Peter Apruzzese

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Peter Apruzzese
but most people I know who saw it now believe the moon landing was faked.
Please help educate them properly and send them this link to Phil Plait's Bad Astronmy rebuttal of the Fox Special, which is available HERE . If they STILL believe it was "faked" or a "hoax" after reading the facts presented, there is no hope for them...

Daren Welsh

Supporting Actor
Someone buy Buzz a beer! That jackass had it coming ... and then for him to press charges for getting clocked by a guy twice his age ... *sigh* Come on, retard, you try your best to discredit one of the biggest accomplishments in [insert time period here] and _then_ go and taunt one of the guys in person ...

RobertR

Senior HTF Member
Bravo for Buzz. Getting in the face (literally this time) of jerks like this is needed.

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
I've been following this in the Los Angeles Times since yesterday. Didn't even want to bring it up here, for giving that clueless Luddite any publicity, if only here at HTF.

Poor Mr. Aldrin. To have participated in the greatest event in human history, and then to have to deal with such mindless, idiotic nonsense as this.

Dustin B

Senior HTF Member
I actually watched the special and laughed just about the whole way through. And SteveA, I hope you're kidding.

The link above to the site that explains all the faulty logic in the special is pretty good. But if my memory serves they missed a pretty big stupid comment that ties in nicely with this site.

Their claim was that on the recordings of the astronauts voices during certain parts of the mission you could hear the rocket engines. In space there is no air to transmit the sound so how could it be recorded. Must be fake.

Funny how they realize there is no air in space on this argument but ignore it for a bunch of others. I'd like to see this rocket engine of theirs that doesn't shake things, turning the whole craft into a great big speaker for the air on the inside :p)

SteveGon

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Gonzales
I'm normally not in favor of such violence, but you know what? Guys like Bart Sibrel NEED a good ass-kicking. I can't stand people who pander to ignorance...

Danny R

Supporting Actor
Did anyone see the Fox special? I didn't, but most people I know who saw it now believe the moon landing was faked.

Yup, science is often derailed by so called experts who appeal to the common sense of the uneducated listener.

I'd go into this further, but tragically such a topic is deemed political, which only proves how widespread the problem is.

Mary M S

Screenwriter
Where can I see a tape?
I miss everything newsworthy recently for wasting all my precious free moments surfing AV a bit. I have not even seen CNN for a couple weeks which was my AM routine.

I really can't stand boxing etc. But I know this is a candidate for my a time for category where resides moments such as Nolan Ryan's headlock on Robert Ventura when he charged the mound.

Joseph Bolus

Senior HTF Member
I haven't seen any of these so-called "specials", but it's a well known fact that many other nations, including the Soviet Union (who were in a "race" with us to the moon at the time), tracked our moon missions every step of the way. If there had been even the slightest iota of evidence that we were not actually on the moon, they would have immediately brought it to the attention of the world.

This is the most absurd thing that I've ever heard of! Glad Buzz clocked him ...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TVonDVDCollector
Recent bookmarks