What's new

Buzz Aldrin punches out Moon Conspiracy theorist (1 Viewer)

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
That is correct, it is virtually impossible to even make one. Our atmosphere interefere's too much, and if the Hubble were pointed at the moon it would burn it out since it's designed for VERY dim objects

Perhaps the space shuttle could get a pic, MAYBE if they actually had the kind of spare time it would take to geta pic

Fortunately a Japanese probe is going up to the moon very soon for months of pictures. These pictures will include the landing sites. I believe they're trying to totally map the surface looking for water and other deposits

John Miles

Stunt Coordinator
If anyone has looked into making contributions to Aldrin's legal defense, I'd like to hear about it so I can kick in a few bucks, too. Email jmiles (at) pop.net with any pointers to the law office representing him. :emoji_thumbsup:

Stephanie T.

Stunt Coordinator
You could call me a professional "Buzz Aldren hostility conspiracy theorist". Yep, the whole damn thing was faked by Bart Sibrel, for the publicity and anticipated lawsuit windfall. He claims the punch was caught on videotape, and that "everyone" has seen it? Well, wag the dog, but can't anything be faked on video these days? Heck, most of "Star Wars: Attack of the Clones" was pure CGI!
How do I know it was faked? I'll admit, I'm going purely by Buzz's unimpeachable reputation. Buzz Aldrin just isn't the sort of man who would punch a man (with an obvious mental disability) in the chin. Simply impossible.
Hey, Bart Sibrel, PROVE ME WRONG, if you can, you jerk! :angry:
The above post is to be understood as satirical and humorous in nature and not to be taken as factual or serious, for litigious, fact-finding, or other purposes. Except for the Bart-Sibrel-is-a-jerk part.
:D

Yee-Ming

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Yee Ming Lim
what a nut (edit: Sibrel, I mean -- just realised my standalone comment might not be clear :D).
I'll just second the recommendations here for "For All Mankind", a truly inspiring piece of film. as well as the dramatized "From the Earth to the Moon", definitely my favourite mini-series.

Seth Paxton

Senior HTF Member
Fortunately a Japanese probe is going up to the moon very soon for months of pictures. These pictures will include the landing sites. I believe they're trying to totally map the surface looking for water and other deposits
AHA! So now we've got the Japs in on it. Just what you might expect. Probably paid them off by agreeing to target Microsoft and bring down the American dominance in the CPU industry. It all makes sense now.

Anders Englund

Second Unit
And what is it that put America in the forefront of the nuclear nations? And what is it that will make it possible to spend twenty billion dollars of your money to put some clown on the moon? Well, it was good old American know how, that's what, as provided by good old Americans like Dr. Wernher von Braun!

Gather 'round while I sing you of Wernher von Braun,
A man whose allegiance
Is ruled by expedience.
Call him a Nazi, he won't even frown,
"Ha, Nazi, Schmazi," says Wernher von Braun.

Don't say that he's hypocritical,
Say rather that he's apolitical.
"Once the rockets are up, who cares where they come down?
That's not my department," says Wernher von Braun.

Some have harsh words for this man of renown,
But some think our attitude
Should be one of gratitude,
Like the widows and cripples in old London town,
Who owe their large pensions to Wernher von Braun.

You too may be a big hero,
Once you've learned to count backwards to zero.
"In German oder English I know how to count down,
Und I'm learning Chinese!" says Wernher von Braun.

(Tom Lehrer, "Wernher von Braun)

--Anders

Stephanie T.

Stunt Coordinator
Honestly, I don't understand the perverse skepticism of the nay-sayers like Sibrel. You'd think the 30-odd million miles on the capsule odometer would be convincing enough. ;)
Although odometers can be tampered with.

Steve Christou

Long Member
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Christou
Actually a friend of mine who worked at NASA at the time told me recently that the Apollo signals couldn't have been coming from the moon, in fact he told me the signals were coming from somewhere in the Nevada desert. I've since lost contact with my friend, I paid him a visit but his flat had new people living there who swore they had been there for years, what the hell? The other day the brakes on my car had been tampered with and I was badly hurt in a crash. Whats going on? I think my phone is tapped and... wait I hear something, its in the trees aaaaaaaargggghhhhh....

RobertR

Senior HTF Member
I must say I'm very happy to see the universal condemnation of Sibrel and support of Aldrin on here. Reason and support of true human acheivement can prevail..

Dennis Reno

Supporting Actor
Any chance we could send Buzz over to France to give a good slapping to the 9/11 conspiracy theorist?
If Buzz promises to "open up a can of whoop ass" I will personally pay for his flight! You go Buzz!

On a similar note, I had an ex-coworker who was once flattened by his AARP neighbor. During an argument my ex-coworker (a snide a-hole on his best day) asked the guy "So what are you going to do about it OLD MAN?!?!" The neighbor, who was 65+, walked up to him and decked him. Idiot-boy (coworker) was in his mid-30's at the time.

Don't you love it when someone finally gets what they deserve!

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
Since a horrible, horrible movie by that utterly worthless hack of a moviemaker Peter Hyams was mentioned, let's just note some of the stupidity in Capricorn One:

* Hyams the Hack posits that a manned mission to Mars would be carried out with Apollo hardware. The launch vehicle is portrayed through stock footage of a Saturn 1B. The Saturn 1B could hoist an Apollo spacecraft into low Earth orbit, and that's it. The 1B was used on the following manned flights: Apollo 7, Skylab missions SL-2, SL-3, and SL-4, and, finally, on the mission that would later be designated Apollo 18, the American contribution to the Apollo/Soyuz Test Project. A Saturn V was needed to send an Apollo CSM on a lunar trajectory. Yet Hyams the Hack shows a manned Mars mission launching from the ground on a Saturn 1B.

* Hyams the Hack portrays a "Mars mission" (faked or otherwise) being carried out entirely with an Apollo CSM and Apollo lunar landing module. Hyams the Hack seems unable to understand that the Apollo system contained provisioning only for a crew of three on a mission lasting no longer than two weeks. A manned flight to Mars via chemical-rocket technology would take around three years for the round trip. But, then, since when did Hyams the Hack ever pay lip service to scientific credibility?

* Hyams the Hack portrays NASA as some sort of sleazy intelligence-gathering organization, exploiting the era's still lingering Watergate-inspired paranoia. Hyams the Hack conveniently ignored NASA's charter when making his pathetic excuse of a movie: The Space Agency is a civilian-run organization devoted to civilian space and aeronautical programs (though NASA does, on very rare occasions, work with DoD-related projects).

* Is it apparent I have no respect whatsoever for Peter Hyams, the Hollywood pretender?

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
You go Jack :)
You'd think the 30-odd million miles on the capsule odometer would be convincing enough
Heh, ummm, it's only 250-someodd thousand miles to the moon. All the Apollo moon missions combined didn't even put 10 million on the odometer :)

Lew Crippen

Senior HTF Member
Since a horrible, horrible movie by that utterly worthless hack of a moviemaker Peter Hyams was mentioned, let's just note some of the stupidity in Capricorn One:
Jack, were I to review Star Chamber, you would have to ban me from the forum. So just take that I agree with you 100%. :emoji_thumbsup:

Jack Briggs

Senior HTF Member
Correction: Hyams the Hack referred to that thing as a "sequel." It is not. And someday I will iterate just what is wrong with that excreta otherwise known as a movie. One by one, detail by detail. *blood pressure reaches critical levels*

RobertR

Senior HTF Member
Now, now Jack. You're such a genteel, soft spoken gentleman that I don't want to see you popping any blood vessels over worthless excreta. :)

Stephanie T.

Stunt Coordinator
re. the slight error in distances in my earlier post -- Yikes! That was a WAG on my part, and way off. :b Although I'm sure that, even if it isn't [Carl Sagan]"millions and millions"[/CS] of miles away, it feels like it on the trip ("Are we there yet?" "No! Now shut up and give those oxygen tanks a stir!").
re. Peter Hyams -- I haven't seen his other space-based flicks, but I for one loved Outland, which was basically High Noon on Io.
OK, I'm donning my flame-retardant spacesuit now, so feel free to flame away....

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks