What's new

Buy Panic Room and One Other Superbit DVD, Get One Superbit for Free (1 Viewer)

Todd Schnell

Second Unit
Just got the notice my other 2 titles shipped.
To update "Mask Of Zorro" shipped previously.
"Panic Room" & "Snatch" shipped today.

Excellent!

Todd

Dah-Dee

Supporting Actor
Real Name
David
Finally placed my order, which, as with several others in this thread, included Snatch and Mask of Zorro. Good deal. Thanks for the tip!

Dan Puffer

Auditioning
OKOK I got on the superbit bandwagon too! FREE TITLE my eye:b I am pretty sure the checkout said something like $125.00 or so ....Buy 2 get one free.....How did all those other dvd's get in my shopping cart?:D

James,

Thanks for the tip....I ordered AF1 and Hallow Man along with Panic Room. I received my 'Order Confirmation' today, it didn't say anything about back orders or anything...but have not received my shipping confirmation yet. We'll see...Thanks Again,

Steve

Joel Vardy

Supporting Actor
I ordered Panic Room, Anaconda and Mask of Zorro.

Anyone notice the lack of updates online/email etc. at deepdiscountdvd.com? This is my fist set of experiences with them mostly due to HTF recommendations...I cannot seem to get any information online/email on order status. Only the phone yields any information and I don't get the sense that it is very accurate. Their CSR's say they don't have online access and can't see what the customer sees. That's quite odd in light of the many excellent DVD websites that have been out there for years...

I posted a 'What Happened to DeepDiscountDVD.com' thread on the Retail & Wholesale Vendor Feedback area but it seems not many people look there.

Joel

Dave H

Senior HTF Member
I *hope* that DDD customer service isn't going down the tube. I was on hold for nearly 20 minutes yesterday and have noticed they are taking longer to ship out orders I have placed.

Jon Torres

Second Unit
I *hope* that DDD customer service isn't going down the tube. I was on hold for nearly 20 minutes yesterday and have noticed they are taking longer to ship out orders I have placed.
That's funny. When I switched out dracula for gattaca, it took all of 5 mins or so. I think I was on hold for about a minute. Received my shipping confirmation yesterday.

David Hicks

Stunt Coordinator
I've had great response time (same day) for emails from DDD. And, just got the first of my two Superbit orders. Hope it stays that way!

Todd Schnell

Second Unit
I have made several orders with Deep Discount & not had any
major problems.
I also had e-mail response from them in 24hrs or less.

I did standard shipping & received my Mask Of Zorro today.
That was quick.
Funny I was wondering if I was going to get any mail at all
today as the storm Isidore is not being exactly nice to us right now.

Todd

Joel Vardy

Supporting Actor
Today I got an email from DDD:

The aol issue is also affecting these emails. You will likely not receive this reply. We recommend setting up a hotmail or yahoo free account in the meantime. Sorry about the inconvenience.
I wrote them back that if their solution to the aol problem is to tell aol users to stop using aol they have a 'bigger problem' at hand. Talk about customer satisfaction...

Joel

TonyTone

Supporting Actor
I got my copies of Zorro and Panic Room on Wednesday, two days after I got my email confirmation; still waiting on AF1...

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
FWIW, I got my DDD Superbit order today. I was satisfied with the speed of the transaction (and the price too!).

David Hicks

Stunt Coordinator
Got an email today saying that my 2nd order shipped. Looking forward to another couple of SuperBit titles!!!

Todd Schnell

Second Unit
Got the rest of my order today.
That being Panic Room & Snatch.
The cheap standard shipping worked out well for me.
4 days not bad at all.

Todd

FYI, I got my DVDs on Monday, 30th...Got the shipped confirmation on Wednesday the 25th...not bad for free shipping! Got all three ordered, Air Force One, Hallow Man, and Panic Room...great deal.

Steve

Craig W

Second Unit
Got Panic Room, Zorro, and Fifth Element which was backordered but arrived before its estimated arrival date. Not a bad deal and pretty good service for free shipping. Had everything in a week and a half from order date.

Joel Vardy

Supporting Actor
I did get my 3 Superbit titles (Panic Room, Anaconda and Mask of Zorro) for what is unquestionably a great total price ($12/title) but am still puzzled by the lack of responsiveness from the website or the csr community at DDD.

Discussed the lack of confirmation emails with the 'internet' group which is just a second tier CSR with internet priviledges (they are tasked with responding to emails). He confirmed that AOL users where out of luck as far as email communications. He also confirmed that this has been going on for 'months' and that for awhile it was also going on with hotmail (though now resolved). He volunteered that the IT group may not be the 'best and the brightest' in the industry (a big duh on that one). One look at their website and inability to keep order maangement issues such as status updated should be a clue.

I will use them only if they represent the best price and/or have a unique title that can not be bought from a B&M or alternate site. I consider phone and email accuracy a key 'customer sat' issue and price is only one consideration in purchasing decisions.

Joel

TonyTone

Supporting Actor
Emailed DDD customer service; they claimed that my back-ordered Air Force One was shipped 9/25, and should arrive by 10/7--I don't think it's fair that I should have to wait that long for it to arrive whether it was on backorder, free or whatever, considering that others who chose USPS priority mail shipping (2 day) and had the good fortune of selecting movies that weren't on b/o got all three movies at the same time, and I did pay for priority mail shipping on my order. They should at least in good faith ship my b/o priority mail since I paid for priority mail shipping and had waited on the fact that it was on b/o, but that's an entirely different discussion...
Funny thing is that I never got any email confirmation from DDD that they had shipped AF1, and still haven't to this day, not including the one they sent me after I had inquired about my b/o AF1 a few days ago. On top of that, the email confirmation I did receive regarding the rest of my order (Panic Room, Zorro--which in all fairness I did receive in timely fashion) stated that the expected shipping date of AF1 would be around 9/29. And to top it all off, the online order status check showed that all three--including the previously back-ordered AF1--had shipped on 9/23. Apparently, DDD has a few things out of whack over there; in any case, if my AF1 doesn't arrive by 10/7 (which would be almost two weeks)...

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks