What's new

Burning CDs in Windows XP (1 Viewer)

LarryDavenport

Senior HTF Member
Sorry if this is in the wrong forum.

I am getting a Gateway Solo 5350LS this weekend with a CD-Burner and Windows XP (I don't think that Gateway ships Easy CD Creator with XP machines).

Just wondering if people have used XP alone to burn CDs or if you have had to buy other software like Easy CD Creator 5.0 (which I have heard is iffy in XP).

Evan S

Senior HTF Member
Larry, cannot answer your question, but I know they are going to close this thread because you cannot talk about pirating/burning CD's on this forum. Just to let you know.

Andrew_Sch

Senior HTF Member
From my experience, Easy CD Creator 5.0 works fine with XP, and as far as I know, there's no way to burn without added software.

Ryan Spaight

Supporting Actor
You can create music CDs out of the box with XP, but more advanced features like gapless recording and DAO copying and so forth aren't available.
I'd recommend Nero over Roxio Easy CD Creator. The Roxio (and before that, Adaptec)software has never failed to mess up whatever system I install it on.
And while I don't think talking about CD burning is the same thing as talking about piracy (what about custom compilations of stuff you legitmately own?), this thread might live better in the Computers section...
Ryan

LarryDavenport

Senior HTF Member
I certainly have no problem with the thread moving over to computers if that is where it belongs. But I would be disapponted if it's closed because of some anti-piracy policy. I am not talking about bootlegging or counterfitting CDs.

In the 90's I had a lot of friends in bands who played at my house or at local clubs and I recorded their shows, with their consent, on a cassette deck. I would like to transfer these tapes to disc so a) I can listen to them more easily, and b) I can give CD copies to the bands themselves.

Other than that I would use the CD-R to make compilations of the 2000+ CDs I have. That is totally legal (and the reason why there is a hidden "blank tape tax" on recordable media.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Feetman
Recent bookmarks