What's new

Bungie + Next Gen = Destiny (1 Viewer)

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
Cool thanks for the explanations! Yeah I don't play Crucible much. In fact, I think you've been in 90%+ of the Crucible matches I've played :laugh:

I'll need more than 8 marks, I think I've spent some already (on maybe the chest armor, I can't remember if I was awarded it or bought it) so I am currently on 35 Vanguard Marks and 22 Crucible Marks. I'll definitely do more strikes to up that number. And if I can get a good fireteam going maybe I'll brave Crucible. Just sucks having my ass handed to me all the time in that.

Chuck Mayer

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Chuck Mayer
Tino, the PS4 is my default console. I have a One, for Titanfall (which I quite like) and Halo MCC, and whatever else works best there.

Besides, my fave Destiny gun is actually the Exotic Handcannon that is (unfortunately) PS4 exclusive. So there is my after the fact reason, my friend :)

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
I'm Kadath on both.Also, I have been playing a Warlock since day 1 and I did not know there was a second Vanguard vendor, one who sells guns. Why the heck wasn't this guy near the Armor vendor, I coulda had a legendary gun 2 weeks ago =(

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
Epic day for me:Got the Thorn bountyGot my legendary Rocket Launcher levelled upBought the Exotic sniper from XurBeat the entire Vault of GlassGot a legendary shotgun Found Verdict in VoGGot Legendary Machine gun Corrective Measure in VoGGot Legendary Auto Rifle Atheon's Epilogue in VoGLeveled my Xur helmet to 30Made level 28!

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
Wow congratulations Sam! Time Warner Cable robbed me of my Sunday gaming by dropping internet service from about 4pm to midnight. Dropped me out mid-mission (though luckily nothing special), and was not reconnected until after I had already gone to sleep. Woke up about 1am and it was back on. Thanks a lot TWC. Maybe spend a little less money on your relentless advertising (on people who are already subscribers) and more money on your infrastructure! I had been having problems all Sunday with intermittent drops and speeds about 1MBps (usually closer to 30MBps) and then at 4pm it all went dead. Well this work week is brutal so I'm not sure how often I'll be able to game--and when I do it will be for like an hour, because I won't be able to stay up too late. F'in TWC...

Edwin-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Are any of you finding that you are being booted from their servers every once in a while? I was part way through a patrol mission and got booted from the server. Now I have to start that whole patrol from scratch. Frustrating. I'm using a wireless connection which isn't ideal, but I have no choice as my house cannot easily be wired for a wired connection.The downside of owning an old house with finished ceilings in the basement.

Sam Posten

Premium
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Posten
Was fun hanging with you again Carlo, and it seems like our strategy of splitting up when you need to go do Patrol Bounties is working out really well. I advertised on Reddit for a fireteam to do the weekly nightfall and got pulled in to a group with two really good players playing on their alts. We failed the mission 4-5 times due to game wonkiness (those minotaurs warping are a beast!) but I learned a TON about the final fight including a nearly foolproof way to win without dieing on anything but the Nightfall difficulty. We then finally won it after putting everything together. This info is going to make that fight so much more fun for me on strikes if I have 2 others who are willing to do it this way. We also confirmed that the adds are percentage based and not time based like I thought, which was important as we needed to have one of the guys swap toons so they got credit on the right one for the win.Plus I got the exotic rocket launcher Truth for the win. It's not the best out there but, like Gjallahorn, has heat seaking missiles =)

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
Awesome get. Yeah I'm having fun too, but I also have to admit that mentally I'm starting to wind down on Destiny in anticipation of Halo MC. I'm probably going to get mine through Best Buy since purchasing an Xbone got me a free year's membership to their "my gamers club unlocked" which I think entitles me to 20% off new games. And there's a $10 gift card preorder offer, but I don't know if they'll stack. I'll go to BB later this week and find out.

Carlo_M

Senior HTF Member
Not if I can save $12 off of the disc version. And the possibility of stacking a $10 BB GC on it makes it a potential $22 savings for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks