What's new

buh... buh... FARSCAPE'S COMING BACK!!!! (1 Viewer)

Eric F

Screenwriter
Sci-Fi probably won't pick it up, but maybe someone like SHO will grab it and show it in HD? Probably not.

It looks like this one is going direct to video.

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
I wouldn't count Sci-Fi out, for that matter. Remember, both Universal and Henson have new ownership since Farscape was canceled, and NBC and Henson have a decent relationship. Sure, Bonnie Hammer's still there, but the folks at Henson likely realize that Farscape is, especially in the more casual audience member's eye, associated with Sci-Fi.

It's foolish to hold grudges in show business; within six months the people you hate are no longer at the company you hate.

Daniel Kikin

Screenwriter
Looks like they're halfway through filming. From SaveFarscape.com:

Farscape's brillliant creator and all-around spectacularly nice guy, Rockne O'Bannon dropped a note for you all in the watchfarscape.com email box today.

Hi WatchFarscapers,
A quick shout out from the fringes of the Uncharteds -- just to say a loud and sustained Thank You for your continuing passion for and efforts on behalf of The Little SF Show That Could. As I mentioned at the Farscape Con in Burbank, David Kemper and I spent last Fall working on a secret project -- well, the most unsecret of secret projects. And though I cannot confirm or deny anything, let's just say that your undying efforts to keep awareness of a certain television series alive within the entertainment community is the singular reason why a particular unnamed project is now halfway through production. On behalf of everyone currently working on -- oops, almost said it! -- well, on behalf of everybody working on SOMETHING down in Sydney, Australia, a resounding Thank You. Here's hoping you'll all be pleased with the fruits of your efforts.

Cheers,
Rockne

Nicodemus

Stunt Coordinator
Oh, this is great! Luckily my waiting time won't be as long as some others because I haven't even finished season 3 yet. So, by the time I've seen season 4 the mini should be out there...

The only thing that bothers me with the miniseries is the fact that Brian Henson directs it. I just can't see him equal as a director to Rowan Woods, Andrew Prowse and Tony Tilse...

Mikel_Cooperman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mikey
Great!!
I so miss this show and want to see them end it the way they should.

I really think they should call the first part, "Picking up the Pieces."

About Sci Fi....

They dont deserve to show it.

Daniel Kikin

Screenwriter
Looks like SciFi is going to air the miniseries. From Sci Fi Wire:

SCI FI Brings Back Farscape

SCI FI announced it will be bringing back Farscape with an all-new miniseries — called Farscape: Peacekeeper War — slated to air in the fourth quarter of this year. The four-hour miniseries picks up where the cliffhanger series finale left off and will reunite John Crichton (Ben Browder), Aeryn Sun (Claudia Black) and the rest of the Moya crew.

Farscape creator Rockne O'Bannon and executive producer David Kemper wrote the miniseries, which was directed by Brian Henson. Peacekeeper War was produced by the Jim Henson Company and Hallmark Entertainment, and executive produced by Robert Halmi Jr.

SCI FI will make the official announcement at noon on Monday, April 5, during the channel's advertising sales "upfront" presentation.
I guess we'll know more details about this soon, I thought Sci Fi would be the last place this would air on agfter the whole cancellation fiasco. I really hope they promote this well, especially with airing reruns of the first 4 season in a good timeslot (and not 1 AM in the morning).

Jason Seaver

Senior HTF Member
I thought Sci Fi would be the last place this would air on agfter the whole cancellation fiasco.
Remember, EM.TV and Vivendi are both out of the picture, and that's where a bunch of the hard feelings were. For better or worse, Sci-Fi is associated with Farscape in most people's eyes, and I think the Hensons know that. Meanwhile, I don't know if Sci-Fi had anything lined up for their big December mini-series event this year. It's a good fit.

Raasean Asaad

Supporting Actor
I'm a Sci-Fi fan but I've never watched FarScape or Babylon 5 and I'm planning on picking up season sets of both based on you guys here. So how lucky am I?

Daniel Kikin

Screenwriter
I agree it's definitely the best fit, especially if a fifth season ever happens, it just sounded like there was so much bad blood between Henson and SciFi for them to agree on this. I guess when push came to shove, both parties were able to hammer out a deal for the mini to air on SciFi.

SpenceJT

Second Unit
Real Name
Jeff Spencer
THIS IS SOME GREAT FRELLING NEWS!

I am also surprised that it will be airing on SCI-FI Channel, but now that it is, it's time to motivate viewers to help bring in some record ratings and prove to SCI-FI the errors of their ways!

I have never found a show with characters more colorful (figuratively AND literally) or a show that is more enjoyable to watch!

Where else can you watch wild interspecies sex, incredible action, and humor... all before the show's opening credits!

From a villain who needs replacement cooling rods screwed into his head to a "slug" who farts helium when he's frightened! This show has an abundance of imagination!

...sorry, it's hard to contain my glee!

Mikel_Cooperman

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Mikey
Great that it is coming back but I am shocked its going to be on Sci Fi.
Let's hope they actually advertise when it is airing.

David_Blackwell

Screenwriter
I can't wait to see this air, and hopefully they will do away with the cliffhanger of season 4 quickly and get onto more important storylines.

Be Seeing You,
David blackwell

JohnAP

Second Unit
I too am surprised its going to be on SciFi, but I guess they want to bring back the fans to their channel. I wonder how much they're paying for it.

Between this and the Firefly movie, I'm just thrilled. thank god audiences didn't give up on either franchise.

PhilipG

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
PhilipG
I can't wait to see this air, and hopefully they will do away with the cliffhanger of season 4 quickly and get onto more important storylines.
The only reason for that cliffhanger was to have the old Farscape season reset button available for John/Aeryn's relationship. I expect they would have started a season 5 with them being reconstructed (albeit with a few memory gaps).

But a 3hr (no commercials) movie-in-four-parts all about the Peacekeeper/Skarren war will, I'm sure, be excellent, especially with Rockne/Kemper collaborating on the writing. Can't wait!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks