What's new

Hulu Futurama's coming back BABY! (1 Viewer)

John Sparks

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Sparks
Damn...his voice is the WHOLE show!!! IMHO

But then again, they copied all the ICE AGE voices for Disney... Kinda like REN and STIMPY.

Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sean
1644446988620.gif

1644447164458.gif

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
I’m in my fourth watch of Futurama, somewhere in the sixth season (been watching intermittently the past 18 months). It would be great to have a whole new season to start when I finish!

Lord Dalek

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Joel Henderson
Is this really good news? The last revival was pretty subpar all things considered.

DaveF

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dave
Is this really good news? The last revival was pretty subpar all things considered.
It’s about impossible to top Seasons 4 and 5. But the Season 7+ reboot brought some great episodes like The Late Philip J Fry and Lethal Inspection. I’m enjoying the rewatch. I don’t know what to expect of yet another reboot, but I’m hopeful it’s got some solid stories to tell again.

Tommy R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tommy
I’m totally behind on the Futurama train! I watched it on and off during its original run and loved it, but had to catch everything I missed around 2003 when Cartoon Network started showing the reruns. I saw those 4 straight to DVD specials that started with Bender’s Big Score in 2007, but haven’t really seen anything since. I’m gonna have to catch up and maybe just start from the beginning again, because those specials are a little fuzzy after Bender’s Big Score. I remember the last one was called Into the Wild Yonder or something, and can’t say a thing about what happened in it.

Edwin-S

Premium
Senior HTF Member
I'll skip it if they don't get Dimaggio to reprise Bender. He is the voice of that character and to have anyone else do it is just wrong. It would be better to have Bender "dying" and introduce a new character than to try to replace his voice.

CAlford

Auditioning
Real Name
Cedric Alford
I'm cautiously optimistic. It seems like Futurama declines in quality with every reboot, and I like the way they ended things last time, but who knows. I don't want it to become another Simpsons.

WillG

Senior HTF Member
I'm cautiously optimistic. It seems like Futurama declines in quality with every reboot, and I like the way they ended things last time, but who knows. I don't want it to become another Simpsons.

Well, the good news is that Futurama didn’t exist long enough in both incarnations to be run into the ground, and there’s been a lot of time to come up with new ideas. What I would be worried about is if they went the way of the Simpsons (Family Guy too) and got too political. The show got insufferable when every other episode was a Lisa episode, taking on x

Last edited:

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
Futurama never shied away from political or hot button topics, and often handled them more deftly than the Simpsons. The show was at its best when it highlighted the diverse cast of supporting characters (creatures?) it created over the years.

BTW I’d love to see the first four seasons released on Blu-ray.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
acinstallation172
Recent bookmarks