What's new

'BUFFY', how do you think the series will end? (1 Viewer)

Inspector Hammer!

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Williamson
Well, after an exhausting three page read over in the 'Buffytastic' thread, I have come to the conclusion that the lives of the scoobs are in shambles and that they are starting to grow apart from the strong bond they once had. So my question to you is how do you suppose the series will end?
I'll be perfectly honest, if Joss pulls this unhappy-ending-as-reality bullshit, i'm going to be VERY upset, no, not upset ANGRY! He really loves heartbreak and pain, and all I want is a happy ending dammit!
This IS a show afterall, and why do we watch shows, to be entertained and have fun, this season, while being good, has been a nightmare with a lot of bad things happening to the gang. I want some closur on these charactors that i've come to love, especially Buffy. All throughout the series we've seen her go from perky and happy, to sad, to depressed, and then back to perky and happy again, but now she's depressed all the time and it's really taking it's toll on me.
To the mods, I thought this would be a good offshoot to the 'Buffytastic' thread where the members could give their opinions on how they think the show should end. If you think it should be closed and the post moved into the 'Buffytastic' thread that's o'k', but I hope you'll leave it open. Thanks.

SteveGon

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Gonzales
I think the show should end with Buffy and Willow coming to live with me. :) Don't know if that would really be a happy ending, but I think it'd be sweet.

Brian Harnish

Screenwriter
Actually Steve, I'd rather the show end with Buffy and Kylie Minogue coming to my place, but then again we can't have *EVERY*thing. :D

Matthew Chmiel

Senior HTF Member
I'll tell you my answer in 2003 (as Season 7, 2002 - 2003, might be the show's last season).
I'll be perfectly honest, if Joss pulls this unhappy-ending-as-reality bullshit, i'm going to be VERY upset, no, not upset ANGRY! He really loves heartbreak and pain, and all I want is a happy ending dammit!
We are talking about the same show right? :)
Season 1 Finale: Happy
Season 2 Finale: Unhappy
Season 3 Finale: Happy
Season 4 Finale: Trippy :D
Season 5 Finale: Unhappy
Joss might do a happy ending, Joss could do an unhappy ending. It's his show and he can do whatever he want.

DanaA

Screenwriter
Sad, really sad. Hey guys, Buffy ain't coming nowhere to live but right here!!! Got it!!! You can share the rest, except that Faith. She's coming here too. Anyway, to the question, Joss Whedon loves ironic twists, so I expect him to end it in this fashion, maybe have Buffy about to be overpowered and destroyed, then waking up for her day at Sunnydale, the whole thing having been a dream, kind of a Wizard of Oz type thing. I know it's been done before, but that's my guess.

Brook K

Senior HTF Member
I think it should end in Buffy's real death, but in an ultimate save the world scenario, like something that permanently closes the Hell Mouth.

Patrick Sun

Senior HTF Member
I'm moving this thread to the TV forum because it's not a typical poll type thread, but begs for discussion by Buffy fans.

Jeff Kleist

Senior HTF Member
I call dibs on Xander!
They've already said they plan to do at least 1 or 2 movies after the show ends, but I will go for a downer ending to the series. Happy endings are for the weak :) I think that the final movie, so long and Buffy and/or Angel are not dead, will just end with a slow pullback of them sleeping together, finally at peace.

Daryl Furkalo

Second Unit
Well Buffy has died twice already, so a third time wouldn't have much impact. Movies would be a good thing following a happy, 'trippy' ending on May 20, 2003?

Jason Quillen

Supporting Actor
I agree that Buffys third death would carry little weight. I can see some sacrifice but probably not Buffy or Dawn. I dont want to see Buffy and Angel together...I think that phase is over, they've grown away from each other and I dont think its a place we need to go back to (hopefully by then Buffys love life will be better than it is now). I think it would be nice to just show Dawn and Buffy ready to face the future together, and show how far Willow and Xander have come in 7 years. But, with The Gift out of the way its tough to call how it will all end.

JQ

Robert Ringwald

Senior HTF Member
I think it could end in a few ways.
The scoobs beat the new evil (end of season 7) and simply realize that this is how it's going to be from now on. Sure, they'll change here and there, but mostly, they are just going to stick together and help each other - Happy -
The end of Buffy would also push a few characters onto Angel, however, I would want them to be minor characters, and to have their roles widened on Angel, like having Tara go there. It would work, but xander or willow? I don't see them moving on from Buffy, even when it ends.
Another ending would be for Buffy to simply die again, only this time she realizes she won't be coming back, and that her time really is up (however, it's been done before, so I don't think it would work much)
Frankly, I don't want to think about the end of Buffy. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks