'BUFFY', how do you think the series will end?

Discussion in 'Archived Threads 2001-2004' started by Inspector Hammer!, Feb 8, 2002.

1. Inspector Hammer!

Inspector Hammer! Executive Producer

John Williamson
    Well, after an exhausting three page read over in the 'Buffytastic' thread, I have come to the conclusion that the lives of the scoobs are in shambles and that they are starting to grow apart from the strong bond they once had. So my question to you is how do you suppose the series will end?
    I'll be perfectly honest, if Joss pulls this unhappy-ending-as-reality bullshit, i'm going to be VERY upset, no, not upset ANGRY! He really loves heartbreak and pain, and all I want is a happy ending dammit!
    This IS a show afterall, and why do we watch shows, to be entertained and have fun, this season, while being good, has been a nightmare with a lot of bad things happening to the gang. I want some closur on these charactors that i've come to love, especially Buffy. All throughout the series we've seen her go from perky and happy, to sad, to depressed, and then back to perky and happy again, but now she's depressed all the time and it's really taking it's toll on me.
    To the mods, I thought this would be a good offshoot to the 'Buffytastic' thread where the members could give their opinions on how they think the show should end. If you think it should be closed and the post moved into the 'Buffytastic' thread that's o'k', but I hope you'll leave it open. Thanks.

2. SteveGon

SteveGon Executive Producer

I think the show should end with Buffy and Willow coming to live with me. [​IMG] Don't know if that would really be a happy ending, but I think it'd be sweet.

3. Brian Harnish

Brian Harnish Screenwriter

Actually Steve, I'd rather the show end with Buffy and Kylie Minogue coming to my place, but then again we can't have *EVERY*thing. [​IMG]

4. Matthew Chmiel

Matthew Chmiel Cinematographer

I'll tell you my answer in 2003 (as Season 7, 2002 - 2003, might be the show's last season).

5. DanaA

DanaA Screenwriter

Sad, really sad. Hey guys, Buffy ain't coming nowhere to live but right here!!! Got it!!! You can share the rest, except that Faith. She's coming here too. Anyway, to the question, Joss Whedon loves ironic twists, so I expect him to end it in this fashion, maybe have Buffy about to be overpowered and destroyed, then waking up for her day at Sunnydale, the whole thing having been a dream, kind of a Wizard of Oz type thing. I know it's been done before, but that's my guess.

6. Dana Fillhart

Dana Fillhart Supporting Actor

You can have Buffy, I'll take Willow. There...an equitable split! [​IMG]

7. Brook K

Brook K Lead Actor

I think it should end in Buffy's real death, but in an ultimate save the world scenario, like something that permanently closes the Hell Mouth.

8. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Moderator

I'm moving this thread to the TV forum because it's not a typical poll type thread, but begs for discussion by Buffy fans.

9. Jon Mercer

Jon Mercer Second Unit

one word - MOVIES
    That would work for me. [​IMG]

10. Jeff Kleist

Jeff Kleist Executive Producer

I call dibs on Xander!
    They've already said they plan to do at least 1 or 2 movies after the show ends, but I will go for a downer ending to the series. Happy endings are for the weak [​IMG] I think that the final movie, so long and Buffy and/or Angel are not dead, will just end with a slow pullback of them sleeping together, finally at peace.

11. Daryl Furkalo

Daryl Furkalo Second Unit

Well Buffy has died twice already, so a third time wouldn't have much impact. Movies would be a good thing following a happy, 'trippy' ending on May 20, 2003?

12. Greg Z

Greg Z Stunt Coordinator

Sorry Dana, but Willow will be on her way to MY place![​IMG]

13. DaleR

DaleR Stunt Coordinator

with a whimper.

14. Jason Quillen

Jason Quillen Supporting Actor

I agree that Buffys third death would carry little weight. I can see some sacrifice but probably not Buffy or Dawn. I dont want to see Buffy and Angel together...I think that phase is over, they've grown away from each other and I dont think its a place we need to go back to (hopefully by then Buffys love life will be better than it is now). I think it would be nice to just show Dawn and Buffy ready to face the future together, and show how far Willow and Xander have come in 7 years. But, with The Gift out of the way its tough to call how it will all end.

JQ

15. Robert Ringwald

Robert Ringwald Cinematographer

I think it could end in a few ways.
    The scoobs beat the new evil (end of season 7) and simply realize that this is how it's going to be from now on. Sure, they'll change here and there, but mostly, they are just going to stick together and help each other - Happy -
    The end of Buffy would also push a few characters onto Angel, however, I would want them to be minor characters, and to have their roles widened on Angel, like having Tara go there. It would work, but xander or willow? I don't see them moving on from Buffy, even when it ends.
    Another ending would be for Buffy to simply die again, only this time she realizes she won't be coming back, and that her time really is up (however, it's been done before, so I don't think it would work much)
    Frankly, I don't want to think about the end of Buffy. [​IMG]

16. Patrick Sun

Patrick Sun Moderator

How about Buffy and Blade in a team-up movie?

17. Jeff Kleist

Jeff Kleist Executive Producer

Buffy and Blade vamps exist on 2 separate sets of rules. Doesn't work ;(