What's new

Buffalo Wild Wings: Sports Bar (1 Viewer)

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
Well, it's good to know that expensive is part of the territory...

The restaurant I went to was in a mall, so I figured the prices were 'jacked' because of that fact...

$5 for a 16oz. Sam Adams! :eek: Well, I guess since the baseball games were on the TV's - they were probably emulating the ballpark experience? :D

Actually, after that, I started ordering lite beer. With the 4 of us, we each had like 3-4 beers, each had a burger, we split a basket of fries and rings, we got 12 wings and 6 naked chicken strips:

$145 :eek:

$176 after the tip. ($44 each)

Yeah, a bit expensive.

Dome Vongvises

Senior HTF Member
I love BW3's, but their Tuesday night deals have gotten worse over the past 8 years. I used to buy wings at 25 cents a piece, but now they're 35 cents and smaller. However, their 50 cent Wednesday leg night kicks ass. Juicy and large legs. Nice beer selection for a chain too.

Jimi C

Screenwriter

Ah yes, Duffs is the place to go for wings. No doubt. I cant comment on the anchor bar as even though Ive lived here my whole life, ive never stepped foot in the place. I just assumed it was always packed with Canadians and people from the midwest stopping on there way to the falls for some some real pizza. By the way, Anchor Bar is franchising now. I beleive they just opened one in North Carolina.

As dumb as Jessica Simpson is, I dont think she is the only one who never made the connection between Buffalo wing and Buffalo, Ny.

Jeff_CusBlues

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jeff
I always called it BW3 and wondered for a while what the abbreviation stood for since Buffalo Wild Wings would seem to mean BW2. I heard many explanations which were all wrong, so about a year ago, I went to their website (DUH!!!) and the whole story was there. Yes...They used to be Buffalo Wild Wings and Weck. Then I had to find out what weck is. As with everything in my life now, if I need info, I consult the internet, and when I searched the Wikipedia for Weck, I got a definition and a reference to the BW3 designation. I love the internet.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
It use to be known as BW3 and I have eaten in them for over 20 years. The first ones I ate at were in Champaign, Illinois and Bloomington, Indiana back in the mid-1980s. They used to be located in only college towns like those two cities I mentioned, but have since expanded over the last 10 years or so. One of my favorite hangouts.

Crawdaddy

Bryan X

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Bryan
I was always curious what the '3' reference was too, but was too lazy to look it up.

We usually just call it B-Dub anyway.

Bob Graz

Supporting Actor
Another UB grad here (BSEE 79) and former Duff's frequenter. Anchor Bar in NC. Where might that be?

Jason Hughes

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jason Hughes
I remember (sort of) my Michigan State days. Every Tuesday, 20 cent wings a BW's. Would go through about 50 of them. Plus, they didn't care if you were under 21 (somehow they never got busted). Now I can only do 12 at the most (getting old sucks). The place has gotten expensive, no good drink specials ever.

The new Habanero Mango sauce is excellent. The new Parm/Garlic is good, but really only belongs on the grilled chicken sandwiches.

Jason Hughes

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Jason Hughes
Also, they need to bring back the Captain Morgans sauce. It tasted completely bland on regular wings, but became something so different on the boneless wings.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks