Buffalo Wild Wings: Sports Bar

Discussion in 'After Hours Lounge (Off Topic)' started by MarkHastings, Jun 26, 2006.

1. MarkHastings

MarkHastings Executive Producer

http://www.buffalowildwings.com

Has anyone been? They just opened one in CT and it was really great. Of course, the food is to die for...literally (all fried) [​IMG]

The group I was with were wusses and got wings with the 'mild' sauces, but I got the naked strips and tried the "Hot BBQ" - Now that was 5th from the top (of the hottest) and man it was hot. I can't imagine what the blazzin' one (the hottest on the list) is like. [​IMG]

2. Michael_K_Sr

Michael_K_Sr Screenwriter

MichaelK
    There are local wing places that I like better, but for a chain BW3 is pretty good.

3. MarkHastings

yeah, it wasn't so much the food, but the atmosphere. Overall, it was good and I'd go back.

4. Bryan X

Bryan X Producer

We've got them all over around here. You have to try the boneless wings. They are great. I usually get the 'Wild' sauce which is one step below 'Blazin'. I did try 'Blazin' once... it was hot, that wasn't the bad part. The bad part came a few hours later, if you know what I mean. [​IMG]

5. Andrew 'Ange Hamm' Hamm

Andrew 'Ange Hamm' Hamm Supporting Actor

For a chain, no one does wings better. I do the boneless wings with medium sauce with bleu cheese, and my wife and I split a basket of potato wedges. Make sure you order your wings "wet," though, or they might not have much sauce. My only real complaint.

I do miss Wings Over Albany, though. (Descended from Wings Over Storrs.)

6. Joe D

Joe D Supporting Actor

I've been there a few times and enjoyed it. The wings pack a punch that isn't found at very many chains.

7. aaron campbell

aaron campbell Second Unit

You have to try the Caribbean jerk & mango habanera sauces, they are awesome.[​IMG]

8. Colton

Colton Supporting Actor

I eat at BWW and order the boneless buffalo wings with Blazin sauce. It's the best! Anything below Blazin is for pussies. Also, make sure to stick a roll of toilet paper in the freezer. [​IMG]

- Colton

9. BrettB

BrettB Producer

I've been a couple of times but haven't had any wings. [​IMG] Next time I go I'll try the wings because the other food I've had there is brutal. [​IMG]

10. Sami Kallio

Sami Kallio Screenwriter

I don't care much for BWW, you can find tons of wing places here that are better. How do you know the wings are hot enough? They burn both ways... [​IMG]

11. Jim Barg

Jim Barg Second Unit

Jim Barg
    I'm rather fond of the BW3 near here. The wings are good, and there's a great atmosphere on Sundays during the NFL season. (It also turned out to be a wonderful place to watch the NHL playoffs.)

Decent food + free drink refills = couple of hours killed.

12. ThomasC

ThomasC Lead Actor

A great place to eat, drink, and watch sports. Most of the time I don't even get wings, but I like them. I usually get burgers and wedges.

13. Dave Poehlman

Dave Poehlman Producer

Their wings are pretty good.. but I've never been too impressed with their food.

There's one up the street from our office... it's a good place for that after-work-get-together.

14. Jimi C

Jimi C Screenwriter

I didnt even realize that they had these all over the country. I live in Buffalo and just always assumed it was a local chain. I would say there food is average at best. But its a good place to go and watch a hockey or football game.

15. MarkHastings

We were talking to the waitress and she said the company wants to open a new place every 90 days. She said that the owner was trying to open some up near upper state CT and into Mass, but there was some law that said they couldn't ???? She didn't have any specifics, but it sounds odd that there are laws against chains like that.Yeah, again, it was definitely the atmosphere that added to the enjoyment of the food. I don't think I'd eat there if a sporting event were being televised.

16. TripC

TripC Extra

I absolutely love the place. It is my favorite restaurant.

17. Andrew Pezzo

Andrew Pezzo Second Unit

I went to UB (graduated in '99) and still to this day think Duffs is the best anywhere, period. I know the Anchor Bar was the original but Duffs has a special place in my heart. Whenever I go out that way I always bring 100 back with me. There lunch special rocks.

I will have to try BW3, probably about 30 minutes from me. Always on the lookout for a good wing place.

18. Jeff_CusBlues

Jeff_CusBlues Supporting Actor

I live in Ft. Wayne, IN and went to BW3 tonight after golf. I had the hot wings and buffalo chips (potato slices) w/cheese. I really like the place but it is pretty expensive. Tonight (Tuesday) is best because it is half price wings. They also have tall (24 oz. or so) Miller light for $3.00. The atmosphere is awesome. I love the trivia and won the game I was playing tonight. The service is normally pretty good too. As for the quality of food, it is good, but we have better places. The bowling alley bar I bowl at in the winter has incredible wings, but I don't normally go there during the summer. I would recommend BW3, but bring your wallet.

19. Justin Lane

Justin Lane Cinematographer

Never ate at this place before but may make the trek as there is one about 20 miles away.

However....what is the deal with calling the place BW3? Two people in this thread have done it. My thought is Jeff probably just copied Jim as he thought it was an accepted abbreviation (this may have been done subconsciously or consciously, doesn't really matter). Of course I could be totally offbase and there is indeed a third "W" in the name which I am missing.

J

20. ThomasC

ThomasC Lead Actor