What's new

budget sub (1 Viewer)

i am thinking about getting the JBL s38's..so now i need a sub. im not sure how much i should spend on one. i like what i hear about svs but that seems a little too much..but maybe its worth it?

please help me out
thanks

David Ryan

Grip
What you may want to do is head over to your nearest Circuit City or Best Buy and look at the floor models that are on clearence. I picked up a Velodyne CHT-12 for only 299 dollars marked down from 500 dollars at Circuit City because it was a floor model. It comes with the same warranty as a new one, and all the paperwork. The cosmetics are not that of a new one, but darn close.

Dave

Pablo Abularach

Supporting Actor
Both HSU and SVS, make great Subs, excelent for the money. I bought an SVS 25-31PCi and Im the envy of my friends, its a great sub. If you dont want spend to much, you could check Sony SA-WX700. Also check Adire Audio and Velodyne.

Good luck,
Pablo

John S

Senior HTF Member
Get the meanest sub you can possibly afford. You will never regret it.

If your willing to buy online, etronics as well as some other suppliers always has the CHT-15 Velodyne for right around $500. (These are truly first rate subs) They hang in there very well with most any other sub out there.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks