budget sub

Discussion in 'Speakers & Subwoofers' started by Galen Morgan, Dec 30, 2003.

1. Galen Morgan

Galen Morgan Extra

i am thinking about getting the JBL s38's..so now i need a sub. im not sure how much i should spend on one. i like what i hear about svs but that seems a little too much..but maybe its worth it?

please help me out
    thanks

2. Chris Quinn

Chris Quinn Screenwriter

The Hsu VTF-2 on sale for $450 w/free shipping is another great net direct sub. www.hsuresearch.com

3. David Ryan

David Ryan Extra

What you may want to do is head over to your nearest Circuit City or Best Buy and look at the floor models that are on clearence. I picked up a Velodyne CHT-12 for only 299 dollars marked down from 500 dollars at Circuit City because it was a floor model. It comes with the same warranty as a new one, and all the paperwork. The cosmetics are not that of a new one, but darn close.

Dave

4. Pablo Abularach

Pablo Abularach Supporting Actor

Both HSU and SVS, make great Subs, excelent for the money. I bought an SVS 25-31PCi and Im the envy of my friends, its a great sub. If you dont want spend to much, you could check Sony SA-WX700. Also check Adire Audio and Velodyne.

Good luck,
    Pablo

5. John S

John S Producer

Get the meanest sub you can possibly afford. You will never regret it.

If your willing to buy online, etronics as well as some other suppliers always has the CHT-15 Velodyne for right around $500. (These are truly first rate subs) They hang in there very well with most any other sub out there.