What's new

Budget HT system for 1000 $ (1 Viewer)

Kiran_kumar

Auditioning
After having done some research, I found the following options will fit into my budget of $ 1000 for a home theater.

Option 1 (Paradigm Cinema 70 System )

Cinema 70 speakers (front and surround)
Cinema CC center-channel speaker
PDR-8 or HSU STF-1
HKAVR125

Option 2 (DT ProCinema 80 System )

ProMonitor 80
ProCenter 100
ProSub 80 or HSU STF-1
HKAVR125

Option 3 (This will slightly expensive than the other 2 options)

Paradigm Micro speakers (front and surround)
CC-70
ADP-70
PDR-10 or HSU STF-2
HKAVR125

Please comment if the combinations listed above will give good performance. Any suggestions to improve upon this list are welcome.

Thanks in advance.

Stephen Hopkins

HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Personaly I would pick up a Pioneer VSX-D811S for around $220 online, Adire Rava subwoofer for $400, JBL NSP1 for around $200 online, and $120 a pair. It may run over $1k after shipping but will give you a solid receiver w/ all the processing out there and pre-outs for future amplification upgrades, the best $400 sub out there that you can use the driver (Adire Shiva) and amp (Adire 250) for a future DIY project if you need more output and can justify a larger ported box, and a full 7ch speaker setup. The Rava will outperform the 10" offerings from HSU with about the same low-end but a fair amount more output. The N24s are a slightly larger sat and the N28s are a larger bookshelf. At the slashed prices they're available for online now they have an amazing price/performance ratio. Even if you don't plan on using 7.1 I would still use the budget ya have to pick up larger mains, especially if you plan on doing much music listening.

If you look around on the HTF and AVS forums the JBL N series gets alot of great reviews and recomendations, especially at the prices they're available for now. The Adire Rava is also pretty hard to touch in the $400 and below price range.

Check www.froogle.google.com or www.shopping.yahoo.com for the lowest prices from online vendors. The sub you'll pretty much have to get directly from Adire.

NicholasTS

Stunt Coordinator
Take a look at the Klipsch Quintet system at Best Buy. It's package priced at $899.99. You get 4 heavy-duty pedestal/wall and ceiling mounts, plastic cones and rubber surrounds, the fairly efficient KSW-10 10" sub, a surprisingly well performing center channel and the Yamaha HTR-5640. It's a 5.1 sat system you should definitely take a look at. I believe you save $200 when you get that package... Good Luck!

NTS

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks