What's new

British TV shows from the 1960s on Network DVD (1 Viewer)

ian McLachlan

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Ian K McLachlan
Network DVD here in the UK has just started a paid streaming system featuring old 1960s shows from our ABC Channel. This week they have announced some titles will be available on DVD as well. These programmes were made in monochrome and are excellent. Sadly I don't know how available they are in the USA. However it seems there is still a market here for previously unreleased monochrome shows.

Jeff Flugel

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeff Flugel
Love Network and what they do. I have many of their DVDs and Blu-Rays in my collection, and many more still that I need to pick up. Can't get their new streaming service over here in Japan, but that's OK...happy to hear that they might start releasing some new-to-DVD vintage UK telly. They seem to have focused more on classic British films of late.

MartinP.

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Martin
In 2008 Network released two one season shows that aired in the U.S.: From a Bird's Eye View, starring Millicent Martin, and Shirley's World, starring Shirley MacLaine. I never got them because I didn't have a Region 2 player. (Now I do.) I was particularly interested in Shirley's World because I'm a MacLaine fan. Just recently, through Amazon, I ordered both of these series from 3rd party sellers, one new and one used. I just received From a BIrd's Eye View yesterday! I'd seen that series when it aired, but not the other. On Network's website they don't have that one at all. They do have Shirley's World listed, but you cannot order it.

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
Was it Network who put out The Prisoner on BD? I keep meaning to get that.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks