Colin Jacobson

Lead Actor
Reaction score
...and those releases were planned to coincide with the new Top Gun movie’s theatrical release. That they could tie those films to a major tentpole release as being a sort of “Tom Cruise action franchise” was probably a determining factor in green lighting those releases.
Yup! Made sense as a "Tom Cruise 4K Collection"! :)

Osato

Producer
Reaction score
The release of these Paramount films on digital 4K is still very confusing as to why it is not happening. If these were 4K titles I would be buying them digital. I can’t see how they would be much cost for the studio. However if they are holding them back for their streaming service as exclusives then it kind of makes more sense. And/or as it was suggested selling or leasing them to prime Amazon or Netflix.

Cranston37

Cinematographer
Reaction score
Real Name
The release of these Paramount films on digital 4K is still very confusing as to why it is not happening. If these were 4K titles I would be buying them digital. I can’t see how they would be much cost for the studio. However if they are holding them back for their streaming service as exclusives then it kind of makes more sense. And/or as it was suggested selling or leasing them to prime Amazon or Netflix.
Be careful what you wish for - I don't want the "restored" "To Catch a Thief" to replace the copy I have in my iTunes library ;)

• Haha
Reactions: Andrew Budgell

Osato

Producer
Reaction score
Be careful what you wish for - I don't want the "restored" "To Catch a Thief" to replace the copy I have in my iTunes library ;)
sure. Just trying to understand what Paramount’s strategy is overall with this series of releases.

Cranston37

Cinematographer
Reaction score
Real Name
sure. Just trying to understand what Paramount’s strategy is overall with this series of releases.
I have a feeling that when it comes to these types of things that's is less them having a "strategy" and more "we'll get to it when we get to it"

Forum Sponsors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
derpok