What's new

Press Release BREAKING NEWS: Paramount Pictures Launches “Paramount Presents” Label (1 Viewer)

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
PARAMOUNT PICTURES LAUNCHES NEW “PARAMOUNT PRESENTS” LABEL TO CELEBRATE FILMS FROM THE STUDIO’S EXPANSIVE LIBRARY
New Banner to Be Used for Specialty Blu-ray™ Releases of Remastered Films and Limited Runs of Classic Titles in Select Theaters
HOLLYWOOD, Calif.— March 10, 2020 – Paramount Pictures announced today that it will introduce a new “Paramount Presents” label to recognize and celebrate films from the studio’s vast and storied library. The “Paramount Presents” banner will be used for a new line of collectible Blu-ray Discs™ incorporating a curated selection of enduringly popular movies, as well as films that had a cultural impact upon their release. The label will also be used to bring classic films to select theaters for limited theatrical runs so audiences can experience them again on the big screen.
“Paramount’s library represents over a century of filmmaking and includes some of the greatest films in cinematic history,” said Bob Buchi, president, worldwide home media...

Continue reading...

Last edited by a moderator:

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Screen Shot 2020-03-10 at 12.20.55 PM.png
Screen Shot 2020-03-10 at 12.21.14 PM.png
Screen Shot 2020-03-10 at 12.21.37 PM.png

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
This sort of falls in line with some of the rumblings I had heard about Paramount re-examining their catalog library for BD or digital release.

This is really good news as up until today's announcement, some of these titles were only available on the International market. It seems to be short some of the Australia offerings, but this is a start.

Robert Crawford

Crawdaddy
Patron
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Robert
This sort of falls in line with some of the rumblings I had heard about Paramount re-examining their catalog library for BD or digital release.

This is really good news as up until today's announcement, some of these titles were only available on the International market. It seems to be short some of the Australia offerings, but this is a start.
This means some of these titles will be available on iTunes in 4K like King Creole. That movie looks gorgeous in 4K/Dolby Vision.

David Weicker

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
While this is nice, I wish they weren’t starting with double-dips. Since the first title’s sales will be heavily scrutinized, betting the shop on a bunch of rebuys doesn’t seem wise.

And also a larger list of new-to-Blu would be nice.

Clarification on whether the titles slated for Australia will be included (Ordinary People and the Imprints) would also be nice.

Todd Erwin

Reviewer
HW Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Todd Erwin
Are these regular Blu-Rays or, like the catalog titles recently released, BD-Rs?
I doubt these are BD-R's. Most of the studio MOD programs have done away with those, especially Sony and Warner. This also looks to be much fancier packaging than what we have been seeing with Warner and Sony's MOD programs.

Kyrsten Brad

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brad
Thrilled to see that King Creole (1958) and Pretty In Pink (1985) will finally get Blu-ray releases (KC should get a 4K UHD Blu release since its being released in 4K online).

This explains the delay with the previously announced Blu release of KC.

Might we finally get Loving You (1957) out of Paramount limbo as well? Here’s to Hope Of Elvis.

Dick

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Rick
It seems to be short some of the Australia offerings, but this is a start.

Seems to me it is short ALL of the Australian titles. Glad to see the studio is getting back to catalog, but

Please, Mr. Buchi, release the titles we have been clamoring for that have never been on Blu. When you say in your press release, "Several titles arriving on Blu-ray for the first time ever," I'm only cautiously optimistic. Sorry, It's just that so many of us have been so anxious for so long to see the likes of DRAGONSLAYER and ROMAN HOLIDAY and A PLACE IN THE SUN and ORDINARY PEOPLE and PLAY IT AGAIN SAM and more Jerry Lewis, and the stuff Australia has announced that you haven't yet in the U.S. and...etc. Anyway, thanks in advance for at least starting up with this at all. I look forward to seeing what turns up.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks