What's new

BRAD1963

Supporting Actor
Real Name
BRAD
Does anyone know if Paramount plans to continue this collection in 2022? Kind of weird they haven't announced any new Paramount Plus titles for January 2022...
This was posted on another website. There is more to come including UHD versions.

WPuYDbW.jpg

https://www.wsj.com/articles/paramou...us-11638916086

Ronald Epstein

Founder
Owner
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Ronald Epstein
Paper Moon has to be coming early next year, right? I keep holding off on the Eureka because I just know it MUST be coming soon.....

Great film!

I would imagine it's coming. It has been available digitally for some time now.

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
Paper Moon has to be coming early next year, right? I keep holding off on the Eureka because I just know it MUST be coming soon.....

Great film!

I would imagine it's coming. It has been available digitally for some time now.

Meanwhile, I have both the imported Eureka/MOC BD (apparently for nearly 6 years now!) and iTunes HD digital (more recently) both blind-bought fairly cheaply... and still haven't gotten around to watch it despite all the at-home time since I first bought either of them, LOL!

Guess I must be subconsciously waiting to score the 4K disc during some future BF week (sorta) as usual (even though I thought I might never go 4K when I originally bought the BD), LOL! ... though I suppose Paramount+Apple might upgrade my digital copy to 4K for free before that point... And one wonders how my wife didn't lose her patience a whole lot sooner... :confused::blush::lol::laugh::laugh::laugh::rolling-smiley:

_Man_

DonB34

Agent
Real Name
Donald
Meanwhile, I have both the imported Eureka/MOC BD (apparently for nearly 6 years now!) and iTunes HD digital (more recently) both blind-bought fairly cheaply... and still haven't gotten around to watch it despite all the at-home time since I first bought either of them, LOL!

Guess I must be subconsciously waiting to score the 4K disc during some future BF week (sorta) as usual (even though I thought I might never go 4K when I originally bought the BD), LOL! ... though I suppose Paramount+Apple might upgrade my digital copy to 4K for free before that point... And one wonders how my wife didn't lose her patience a whole lot sooner... :confused::blush::lol::laugh::laugh::laugh::rolling-smiley:

_Man_
It's a really great movie. I've had the DVD for many years. Since I only have one player capable of region B/2, I generally like to save those for films that may never come out in the US (foreign films, Hellzapoppin', Electric Dreams, old Ginger Rogers movies, etc) or blu-rays that have region A discs that are universally considered bad (Heathers, etc). So I've been holding off since Paper Moon has been a rumored and much wanted Region A title by many for a while now. There were some Criterion rumors in the past.... and now with Paramount Presents I would think it will be soon.

ManW_TheUncool

His Own Fool
Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
ManW
It's a really great movie. I've had the DVD for many years. Since I only have one player capable of region B/2, I generally like to save those for films that may never come out in the US (foreign films, Hellzapoppin', Electric Dreams, old Ginger Rogers movies, etc) or blu-rays that have region A discs that are universally considered bad (Heathers, etc). So I've been holding off since Paper Moon has been a rumored and much wanted Region A title by many for a while now. There were some Criterion rumors in the past.... and now with Paramount Presents I would think it will be soon.

This hobby can certainly get/be whacky... especially during such whacky, pandemic times... as I wouldn't ever have expected to have seen the new Dune 4x already (2x at the country's largest, true IMAX commercial venue + 2x at home on my reasonably solid, 120", faux-K FP setup) plus the old Dune just once in-between (and likely never again)... while I still have tons of backlog, including Paper Moon...

Anyhoo...

_Man_

dana martin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Dana Martin
came across some information in the past few days of reading, concerning some very serious overlooked for years of properties that Paramount have control of that are getting a new lease on life. For those that picked up 48 Hours, it's there in the bonus features. Fleisher/ Famous / Paramount Cartoons.

this information was taken from Jerry Beck's Cartoon Research site, and when I read it, I could only smile, and hope that this could lead to something in the way of a release. As many Animation fans would love to see these mistreated works of art presented properly instead of the years of bad faded prints, or worse.

https://cartoonresearch.com/index.php/bringing-fleischers-somewhere-in-dreamland-to-metv/

and what that beautiful restored print looks like

from Wiki:
In 2021, after decades of being shown in altered and worn prints, the Fleischer estate (in co-operation with Paramount) finally launched an initiative to formally restore the entire Paramount-owned classic animation library from the surviving original negatives, beginning with Somewhere In Dreamland, which will have its restored World Premiere on the MeTV network in December of said year. [23]

Users who are viewing this thread

Forum Sponsors

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Herman_tj
Recent bookmarks