What's new

Breaking Bad - Season 5 (AMC) (2 Viewers)

Greg_S_H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Greg
I almost want to go into a complete blackout, because sometimes the discussions even come too close to what's going to happen. :)

joshEH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh
The promos this half-season have been maddeningly vague, Mad Men-style, with seemingly-randomly-chosen images played alongside completely-out-of-context dialogue, so as to not give anything important away.

That said, I totally understand why they're doing it.

joshEH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh
hank1_zps8fa61777.png

R.I.P.

"Look upon my works ye mighty / And despair."

Seriously, films should be jealous of what television just accomplished.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
They have the advantage of rushing towards the end but that was a truly great episode. To the point that it makes every show on TV (even the really good ones) look like crap.

I'm glad that Hank went out on his feet (figuratively) and got to tell Jack to "fuck himself".

Tina_H_V

Supporting Actor
Real Name
Tina
WOW!!!!!!! What a finish to this episode and where will we be at this time two weeks from now!!!????? :eek: Who knows????? :huh:

But one thing for sure: this classic TV series is definitely going out in a blaze of glory, IMHO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

And, yes, Josh, the call did go out to the Hoover Vacuum Cleaner man, after all--just as I suspected it would...as things turned out!!!! ;)

And to think that 49ers-Seahawks game was delayed the entire time this particular episode of Breaking Bad aired!!!!!!! Thus, I did not miss a thing!!! :D :D :rolleyes: ;)

joshEH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh
I feel like I was just gut-punched for an entire hour. Because I was. That was Breaking Bad's Red Wedding, and there are still TWO MORE EPISODES TO GO. Masterful television.

Worst family-meeting since the Vendrells. I'm thinking the final two eps will entail Walt stowing his money away for the family's future, then going back and killing the Nazis so that his family can get away.

And I'm glad nobody got accidentally stabbed during that scrum. I'm so conditioned to watching shitty TV shows that I was almost shocked that that didn't happen.

Walt's just all about finding new lines to cross, isn't he? Walt lying for something....positive. That was jaw-dropping. Going all Mel Gibson on his wife over the phone. Getting the Feds off Skyler's back. Cranston just keeps getting better, somehow.

And, for the love of Dean Pelton's Shiny Cranium™, how fantastic was Rian Johnson's direction tonight? Gorgeous stuff.

Maybe Jesse will be able to put the Chili P in his Nazi slave-meth.

TravisR said:
They have the advantage of rushing towards the end but that was a truly great episode. To the point that it makes every show on TV (even the really good ones) look like crap.

I'm glad that Hank went out on his feet (figuratively) and got to tell Jack to "fuck himself".
"ASAC Schrader."

LIKE A BAWSS.

If Hank was going to have anything resembling a "good" death, that was it. Unrepentant, unbowed, unflinching. "Go fuck yourself," indeed.

joshEH

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh
That phone call is also a brilliant critique of the people who hate Skyler. There are fans, and there are those other fans who were probably waiting years for Walter to call her a "bitch" and tell her off, and it probably tasted like ashes when it finally happened.

...Or worse, it didn't.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
joshEH said:
That phone call is also a brilliant critique of the people who hate Skyler. There are fans, and there are those other fans who were probably waiting years for Walter to call her a "bitch" and tell her off, and it probably tasted like ashes when it finally happened. ...Or worse, it didn't.
Maybe i just dont get the tone of this post but you know that wasn't what Walt was doing dont you? He was trying to disassociate Skyler from everything. To save her.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
His threats to her will likely have her and the kids ending up in witness protectionand and new life

Quentin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Quentin H
That was as intense as TV gets. Honestly, the final two episodes...what can they do? Oh, sure, stow the money, come back to deal with the Nazis, maybe save Jesse. But, this was "the end". This was the episode that showed what happens when you try to lead a life of crime.

You. Finish. With. Nothing.

Very sad stuff...but, what made it super sad was watching Cranston/Walt put on that performance to make sure Skyler is clear...even though she deserves it NOT ONE IOTA! She has changed her goddamned mind so many times over this series and has insisted on 'straight' answers when SHE wants them and basically been utterly selfish and self-serving every step of the way. Well, you know what Skyler? You are going to get your cake and eat it to thanks to your husband, but normally people do NOT get their cake and eat it too. You were evil when it suited you and righteously indignant when it suited you...and, I honestly would have preferred you died and Flynn take care of Holly with Aunt Marie. Seriously...first she's panicking and bending over for Marie and spilling it to Flynn thinking they are done for. And, not two days after telling Walt to kill Jesse she decides that Hank getting killed is too much? Screw her.

I'm now thinking the ricin is for both Walt AND Jesse. They aren't living through this. And, they shouldn't. They've done evil. Lots of it. And, they need to pay up. At least I hope this is what will happen. I don't want to see Skyler AND Jesse essentially get away with their crimes.

Quentin

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Quentin H
joshEH said:
Tonight, Skyler finally told Junior she always knew the difference between Raisin Bran and Raisin Bran Crunch.

"SO WAIT -- WERE ALL MY BREAKFASTS LIES, ALSO? WERE YOU SERVING LIES FOR BREAKFAST?!?"
Yes. It was all Capt. Crunch and YOU WERE TOO STUPID TO NOTICE!

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks