What's new

Bram Stoker's Dracula/Mary Shelly's Frankenstein Fullscreen ONLY! (1 Viewer)

Dave Mack

Senior HTF Member
"Collector's Box set" my butt. Wow, This sucks.
WS transfers exist, I have them for both films. Why are they doing this?
Stupid....

BrettGallman

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brett
Actually, in the box set I saw, Dracula was widescreen, while Frankenstein was full screen, which is doubly frustrating considering the widescreen copy of Frankenstein is out of print.

TheBat

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jacob
I heard and se of dracula is coming out very soon.. just wait for that. I found a used copy of the widescreen edition of frankenstein. I picked that one up. I have the superbit edition of dracula.

Jacob

Dave Mack

Senior HTF Member
Thanks for the clarification, Brett!
I just snagged a WS copy of FRANK used here in berkeley for like $5.00
Why did they bother with this goofy mismatched Box set? To clear out inventory before the inevitable SE? I would LOVE to see all of the BSDracula stuff that was on the criterion Laser.

BrettGallman

Screenwriter
Real Name
Brett
Yep, this is quite possibly the most mind-boggling boxset I've ever encountered. Of course, Wal-Mart does it all the time when they have those little two-packs. I think I"ll just hold off on both of these titles until they're released on an HD format.

Ruz-El

Fake Shemp
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Russell

I agree. I'll continue to wait until a worthy SE of each film comes to DVD.

Dave Mack

Senior HTF Member
With Sony's preponderance for triple-dipping I ama amazed we haven't had an SE already! I think I did read in the "Apocalypse" thread that one was in the works. What worries me for HD is that so far SONY is producing really BAD looking discs for their older catalog titles.

:frowning:

Dave H

Senior HTF Member
The widescreen version of Mary Shelly's Frankenstein - which has a nice anamorphic transfer - has been OOP for a while now. Fortunately, I was able to pick it up last year fairly cheap (it has the full screen on one side; widescreen on the other side). I don't understand why, at minimum, they didn't leave it with both versions. I mean that makes everyone happy. Columbia Tri-star has been doing the stupid practice of full-screen only with other titles too (Last Action Hero comes to mind).

Dave Mack

Senior HTF Member
Yep, to appease the clueless walmart crowd who bitched about "dem' Black bars!!!"

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks