What's new

Braided Cat 5 speaker cables, Complete! (1 Viewer)

Kevin Beck

Stunt Coordinator
I have a set of 11 Ft. Braided Cat 5 speaker cables that I finished last winter, and never listed,...This set is complete with spades on one end, ad banana plugs on the other. This could be changed however,....
Thet are finished off with Black Techflex, and Black 3M glue lined heat shrink. I use Cages 5% Gold spray on all my connections internal and out,...
The braid on this set is of Plenum rated Teflon coated cat 5 twisted pairs, that equals a 12 Ga. wire.
I normally price these at $50.00 plus shipping, without the Techflex, and extra heat shrink, but these are on the block for that price, with the covering,...

If you would like to see pictures, just ask,...

>>>--->

Jason->D

Stunt Coordinator
very nice looking cables, just curious which banana's you used on the end there, i'm going to get around to building some customer speaker cables in the future and need some decent banana's to finish off with.

Kevin Beck

Stunt Coordinator
Jason,..
Those particular banana plugs are Dayton's,..Very good connector,and priced very well too,...You can load them from the side, or from the back the way I have them done on this set of cables.

>>>--->

Jay_Via

Stunt Coordinator
free bump. Those look awfully nice!

Since i dont know....what is the reasoning behind using Cat5 instead of normal speaker wire? I seem to remember hearing about it, but i dont really remember anything about it. Ive got 900ft of Cat5 sitting in my garage :D

Kevin Beck

Stunt Coordinator
Jay,...
There are many things involved when building a cat 5 speaker cable,..The short of it however, is the common mode noise rejection created by the twisted pair. Braiding the twisted pairs, furthers the rejection, and what you end up with is a very quiet speaker cable.

I have a link to a pretty informative shootout, done on one of the other audio pages. Don't recall which one off the top of my head. If you would like to read it, just let me know,...

Otherwise, there is a lot of good information on the subject in various forums, or on other personal pages,...Different recipe's and so on,...

Long story short, Most people notice a significant difference when they use a set. I have built a good number of these,and never had anybody disappointed. From a basic pair, to a Tri-wire set,...

>>>--->

Kevin Beck

Stunt Coordinator
Jay_Via,..
Sent you the link again, hope it works. let me know if you don't get it,...

>>>--->

Kevin Beck

Stunt Coordinator
Doggon Verizon mail,...I have evidently missed some mail,....

Please send mail to [email protected]

Sorry for the troubles guys,..I had this happen last year for a while too,...

GRCRYSTYK,...Kevin Beck,...>>>--->

Kevin Beck

Stunt Coordinator
Theses are still on the block guys,..Winter is just around the corner,...That usually means more time to use your theater and audio gear,....

If you ever wanted to try a set of better speaker cables, here is a perfect opportunity to do it without dropping a load of cash,...These cables are all set to go,...You don't even need to terminate them,...Just hook them up and enjoy,...

>>>--->

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks