What's new

Boxlight CD-750M (1 Viewer)

Darin Austin Johnson

Auditioning
Hi -- I've just become aware of this projector which is just coming out this week, I understand. Anybody have any experience and/or opinions regarding it? My purpose for it would be primarily DVD, but with an eye towards HDTV as well. Brightness is rated at 2000 lumens, with 1024x768 resolution (1280x1024 compressed). The added adapter box contains PC and component input.
Thanks in advance.

John-D

Stunt Coordinator
With an eye towards HDTV, and primary use DVD, you should look at a native 16x9 panel when going with a Digital Projector.
Good Luck
------------------
The things we own end up owning us

Darin Austin Johnson

Auditioning
John-D thanks for the reply.
I'm well aware of the resolution regarding DLP in general with the current generation of chips. But I've also seen DLP in action a number of times, including CES, and been floored with the quality of the image, even of the 1-chip rear-projection sets.
Do you have specific reasons for suggesting a 16:9 native panel other than that in general "it's supposed to look better?" There are always trade-offs, whether it's price, weight, noise, whatever. It's like with CRT's everyone always says you need to get 9" guns, but then most people end up buying 7" guns anyway due to price and length of gun life.
Darin

John-D

Stunt Coordinator
16x9 native panels use the full available resolution without add on panamorphic lens costs.
All the people I know go with 7" CRT's for JUST the cost factor.. If I had the funds, and had to chose between equally priced 7, 8 or 9" units, it would be a no-brainer in favour of 9".. yeah.. even with all that weight and noise.
------------------
The things we own end up owning us

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks