What's new

Bought the Mitsubishi 55819!! (1 Viewer)

Bruce White

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
Bruce
Earlier this week I went to Audio King (Ultimate Electronics in some other areas) and bought the Mits 55819. They had listed the set at $2699 but were running a 10% off sale, making the price $2429. I asked them to throw in a Monster HT kit for free ($299 value), but they wouldn't do it. Instead we worked out a deal where I purchased the HTS 1100 for $60 instead of $199. They way the salesman listed it on the invoice, though, is that he knocked another $100 off the TV and threw in free shipping. I also bought 6' of Monster III component video cable to hook up my Panasonic RP91 DVD player.
I hope to get a decoder box sometime in the next year. Can't wait for it to arrive on Saturday. I plan to get the pre-made red push attenuator soon. I've got the Avia disk already. I'll look for a RS sound meter on Ebay to optimize my Paradigm speakers. My receiver is an Integra 5.2.
It's gonna be fun! ;)
Bruce
PS Thanks to great sites like this one and The Home Theater Spot for helping me decide on what TV to buy.

David Judah

Screenwriter
Congrats on the purchase. The progressive image from the RP-91 to the Mits will be stunning--it'll make you want to watch your DVD collection all over again.

If you haven't noticed, there is a link in the A/V sources Forum for the newest Firmware update for the RP-91.

Enjoy!

DJ

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks