What's new

Bose Question and No Answer? (1 Viewer)

Grant B

Senior HTF Member
So I see that annoying commerical where the clock radio grows like a tumor on steriods for the umpteenth time. (OOOHHH I want the free "base" so I can plug my tv in?!?! what @#$%)
And I notice they mention "award winning sound"
So I go to the website and ask them, "What award by which organization and for what?"

Still no Answer...I think they bought themselves a little trophy for most annoying commerical... but if they do answer it, I will post it.

Nick P

Second Unit
John, why are you mentioning fish on a home theater site?;) He was speaking correctly. Bose offers a base, or stand type device so you can hook the "glorious" Wave radio up to your TV.

John Garcia

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John
Phish? They make music. Perfectly appropriate for HTF :D
Sorry, the whole BASE thing is a peeve of mine. :rolleyes:and I've seen it at least 4 times this week.

Grant B

Senior HTF Member
No word yet, think they didnt have the guts to pay someone for a phoney award

Darren_T

Second Unit
He actually did mean "base". The bose boom box comes with a free base attachment similar to a laptop docking station that interfaces with your TV...it's just a gimmick to make it sound important. Nothing a cable couldn't do.

Darren

Nick P

Second Unit
Brett,
I've seen that phrase many times before interchanged with many different words. All your *blank* are belong to us. I've obviously missed a great quote from a movie or something. What is that line from?

Brian Harnish

Screenwriter
Nick- The line is from a video game that was translated badly. I believe the title of the game was Zero Wing, made for the Sega Genesis.

Perhaps someone can post the complete dialogue (of which is absolutely hilarious).

Nick P

Second Unit
:laugh: rotfl :laugh:
That was great! It reminded me of the original Resident Evil on the PC. While fighting the final creature, the people in the helicopter yell down to Jill and say something like - Jill, kill that creature! You can do it! You're an Amazon!!

DanielSmi

Second Unit
That site was awesome, if I ever get a new genesis I'm gonna get that game just for the dialogue. Is the game any good.

Daniel Smith

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks