1. Sign-up to become a member, and most of the ads you see will disappear. It only takes 30 seconds to sign up, so join the discussion today!
    Dismiss Notice

Bosch Season 5

Discussion in 'TV Shows' started by Adam Lenhardt, Feb 28, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Adam Lenhardt

Adam Lenhardt Director

Jeff Flugel and Skaard like this.
  2. MarkMel

MarkMel Screenwriter

Awesome, right on my birthday!

3. Johnny Angell

Johnny Angell Played With Dinosaurs Member

Johnny Angell
    Wait a minute. Is Bosch’s daughter now an investigator/detective?

4. Adam Lenhardt

Adam Lenhardt Director

Just finished the new episodes. It's interesting how each season becomes more of an ensemble. The first season was more or less told entirely through the dueling perspectives of Bosch and the killer. This season Bosch has two subplots (the undercover investigation and the Conviction Integrity Unit hearing). But J. Edgar's got his subplot with his murdered CI and his history with the Haitians, Billets has her subplot with the massaged crime stats, Irving's got his subplot about potentially running for mayor, Maddie's got her subplot at the Los Angeles County DA's Office, and Crate & Barrel have their subplot with the officer-involved collision and subsequent retirement talk,

The one thing I hold against this season is that there's no way I buy the LAPD allowing Bosch to go undercover, given his notoriety and the amount of times he's been on the news.

There's a fifteen month time jump between Season 4 and Season 5, so this season takes place during the summer between her freshman and sophomore years at college. She's a summer intern at the Los Angeles County District Attorney's Office, mostly doing menial tasks like dropping off mail and redacting protected information from documents requested under the California Public Records Act.

But she's got more of her father in her than either of them would like to admit, so she gets involved in some things she should probably have stayed away from.

5. Matt Hough

Matt Hough Director
    Reviewer

Matt Hough
    I'm only halfway through the season thus far, but I'm quite enjoying it for the very things you mentioned, Adam. Lots to do for everyone, and every one of these subplots is interesting. Can't wait to see what happens.

6. Matt Hough

Matt Hough Director
    Reviewer

Matt Hough
    I finally got around to finishing the season this afternoon. Suspenseful and enjoyable drama even when it's amazing how Bosch can get the jump on his assailants and emerge without a scratch (I was not surprised Walsh came looking for him, but I was certain Bosch wouldn't emerge unscathed.)

Looking forward to another season (I guess set up in the closing scenes in the last episode).