What's new

Bosch Season 5 (5 Viewers)

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Just finished the new episodes. It's interesting how each season becomes more of an ensemble. The first season was more or less told entirely through the dueling perspectives of Bosch and the killer. This season Bosch has two subplots (the undercover investigation and the Conviction Integrity Unit hearing). But J. Edgar's got his subplot with his murdered CI and his history with the Haitians, Billets has her subplot with the massaged crime stats, Irving's got his subplot about potentially running for mayor, Maddie's got her subplot at the Los Angeles County DA's Office, and Crate & Barrel have their subplot with the officer-involved collision and subsequent retirement talk,

The one thing I hold against this season is that there's no way I buy the LAPD allowing Bosch to go undercover, given his notoriety and the amount of times he's been on the news.

Wait a minute. Is Bosch’s daughter now an investigator/detective?
There's a fifteen month time jump between Season 4 and Season 5, so this season takes place during the summer between her freshman and sophomore years at college. She's a summer intern at the Los Angeles County District Attorney's Office, mostly doing menial tasks like dropping off mail and redacting protected information from documents requested under the California Public Records Act.

But she's got more of her father in her than either of them would like to admit, so she gets involved in some things she should probably have stayed away from.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
I'm only halfway through the season thus far, but I'm quite enjoying it for the very things you mentioned, Adam. Lots to do for everyone, and every one of these subplots is interesting. Can't wait to see what happens.

Matt Hough

Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matt Hough
I finally got around to finishing the season this afternoon. Suspenseful and enjoyable drama even when it's amazing how Bosch can get the jump on his assailants and emerge without a scratch (I was not surprised Walsh came looking for him, but I was certain Bosch wouldn't emerge unscathed.)

Looking forward to another season (I guess set up in the closing scenes in the last episode).

Adam Lenhardt

Senior HTF Member
Bosch_06_001.jpg
Michael Connelly said:
Drawing from the novels The Concrete Blonde and The Burning Room, the seventh and final season of Bosch will have Harry Bosch and Jerry Edgar pursuing two separate but perilous murder investigations that will take them to the highest levels of white collar crime and the deadly depths of the street level drug trade.

The sixth season of Bosch will premiere later this year on Amazon Prime Video. Look for the seventh season in 2021.

“I’m proud of what we have accomplished with Bosch and look forward to completing the story in season 7. It’s bittersweet but all good things come to an end and I am happy that we will be able to go out the way we want to. This started seven years ago with showrunner Eric Overmyer and me writing the pilot. We plan to write the last episode together as well. We’ll leave behind the longest running show so far on Amazon and it will be there to be discovered by new viewers for as long as people are streaming. That is amazing to me. The other thing is that we would not have come all this way without Titus Welliver. There could not have been a better actor to play this role or a better team player to build this show around. He’ll be Harry Bosch for the ages.”

Walter Kittel

Senior HTF Member
I've always intended to watch this program. Sort of shocking (in a lost touch sort of way) that it is coming back for seasons six and seven. May have to finally dive in.

- Walter.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks