What's new

Which studio/company do you want to co-finance and distribute Bond 25?

• Warner Bros.

Votes: 19 41.3%
  • Sony Pictures

Votes: 13 28.3%
  • 20th Century Fox

Votes: 5 10.9%
  • Universal Pictures

Votes: 2 4.3%
  • Annapurna Pictures

Votes: 3 6.5%
  • Apple

• Amazon

• Total voters

Nelson Au

Senior HTF Member
I’ve already stopped going to theaters a few years ago with the exception of The Rise of Skywalker. I started to hate going to theaters because of parking and crowds. Though the luxury theater I saw Skywalker in made for a great experience. I’ll skip seeing No Time To Die until the blu ray release as I’ve been doing for films I’m interested in. The Coronavirus is impacting harder now and many major tech conferences have been cancelled to protect the health of employees and the conference goers. They are now going to live streaming. It will be interesting how the virus will impact this and other film releases. This is a serious threat as the virus is hitting where I work in Silicon Valley. And it’s affecting the Pacific Northwest. And other states have fewer cases though Texas and Nebraska have cases numbering in the double digits. Being in California, I’m experiencing it more as there’s more cases and in the news all the time.

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
Does anyone think this is a good idea? Yes, the virus may be less prevalent in the summer months, but it is sure to be back by November and a vaccine will still be months away. I don't see how November changes anything.

Worth

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Nick Dobbs
Does anyone think this is a good idea? Yes, the virus may be less prevalent in the summer months, but it is sure to be back by November and a vaccine will still be months away. I don't see how November changes anything.
I think they figured it was more than likely they were going to take a hit by releasing it in April. If that's the still the case in November, they can always push the date back again.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
If that's the still the case in November, they can always push the date back again.

The problem with that is we don't have any idea how long the coronavirus will be an issue. At some point, they are just going to have to release this thing and it makes what it makes.

I think this decision was horribly mismanaged. In some respects I get what they're trying to do. But they just put tickets on sale this week, which presumably will now have to be refunded. This cannot have been a spur of the moment decision, so putting the tickets on sale was in retrospect ridiculous. Any studio should only do that once they are 100% committed to making the release date.

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
Color me shocked a major release like this is being punted by six months. All the trailers are out, posters are out, title song is out...they're going to end up spending a whole lot more money in new marketing.

Now...how long until MLB delays or cancels their season? Which concert is first to be scrapped?

Cranston37+

🇺🇸
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Patrick
Now...how long until MLB delays or cancels their season? Which concert is first to be scrapped?

Not a given. I had a friend at Spring Training yesterday and the place was sold out. This is all about China at the moment. Theaters are closed there and that's too big a market for a movie like this to lose out on.

Jason_V

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jason
Not a given. I had a friend at Spring Training yesterday and the place was sold out. This is all about China at the moment. Theaters are closed there and that's too big a market to not get for a movie this big.

Disney is still opening Mulan domestically at the end of the month. China will get a release later. Same could have been done here.

The more cases that pop up domestically, the more decisions will have to be made across the country.

SamT

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam
Just read the comments in the previous page. :D

They did absolutely right by delaying the movie and that was what I was expecting. This is one of those movies that makes people who don't go to theaters to come out. I don't go to theaters but I had plans to see this in a theater but because of coronavirus I was canceling my plans. They would have lost a lot of money if they had kept the release date.

Josh Steinberg

Premium
Reviewer
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Steinberg
I rushed into a rewatch of the series this past weekend; on the plus side, I can slow down and just do one a week or so between now and then and revisit a bunch of bonus features. The old release date kinda snuck up on me and I wasn’t quite ready.

I hope when all of this is said and done we can look back and say “turns out they didn’t really need to move it, but better safe than sorry” vs something far worse.

Tommy R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tommy
Already the second longest wait for a Bond film since the series started, now even longer. Ugh! We were so close! :oops:

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks