What's new

BMW SERVICE ROCKS!!!!!!!!! (1 Viewer)

teapot2001

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Thi
I loved my first few weeks of driving the 325i but shortly afterwards I just got used to the car and it wasn't that special anymore. Expect that to come soon! :) Every once in a while, make sure you drive a crappy car so you can appreciate the BMW.

~T

mylan

Screenwriter
Naw, my name is Mylan, and I own (well, my wife!) a BMW. I drive a Jeep Grand Cherokee so I can tell the difference when she lets me drive it, although the cool factor has slowed a bit. One thing I hate: BMW brake dust! The front wheels seem to get dirty every three days or so.

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
Oh my God Mylan, thank you for letting me know that I'm not the only one!!!! All 4 of my rims are constantly BLACK!

Arthur S

Senior HTF Member
Consumer Reports April 2006

Used Cars to Avoid:

BMW: 330 Series, 2004.
5 Series (6 cylinder) '04
5 Series (V8) '98-00
7 Series '98-04
M3 '02-03
X5 V8 '01-02;05

Trouble spots with the '04 330 series: Transmission, Ignition, Electrical, Power Equipment, and last, but not least, Body hadware.

Mark, you are very lucky to have a good service center...

MarkHastings

Senior HTF Member
Whew, mine's a 2002.

I should also note to avoid 2001 models. I'm not sure exactly which models (maybe all of them), but BMW introduced that steering feature where the steering tightens up when going fast and stiffens up when going slow. I don't like that crap and a lot of other BMW owners agreed. They made a big stink and the next year, they went back to the old way. So I think it's just the 2001 models that are affected.

Jay H

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jay
I had a '97 E36 328i. If you replace the brake pads (not a hard DIY job, you can do it when you change over to snow tires, if you do such a thing), you can replace them with different pads that are a lot cleaner and also just as good as the OEM pads. The brakes on BMWs are very very good, much better than those of my current Subaru Outback.

The only thing that went bad on my E36 was the water pump impeller,which were plastic and somewhat known to die prematurely. I had a faulty fuel pump connector that managed to fix myself (car wouldn't start). I replaced the spark plugs and was going to look at the fuel pump when I simply vacuumed the dirt that was accumulating on it and voila, it actually started up and ran fine since that day til I sold it. Everything else, was great!

Jay

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks