BMW SERVICE ROCKS!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'After Hours Lounge (Off Topic)' started by Mark Sherman, Apr 27, 2006.

1. Mark Sherman

Mark Sherman Supporting Actor

Hello All,

About a month back I finally broke down and bought a BMW. A 2004 330CI with only 31K on it. I have been a VW owner for over 5 years and I almost pulled the trigger on the new GTI. To get the GTI to the level I wanted was almost going to cost me as much as what i paid for the Bimmer.

I love this car, Fit, finish, performance handling, built quality you Name it this thing is just leaps and bounds about my VW ( also german )

I bought my car at a NON BMW dealer they were the only ones who had what I wanted.

My car had a few small I mean small problems so I went to BMW around the corner from my house. I didnt even BUY my car at this dealer but these guys treated me like a million dollars from the Beginning. I dropped it off on Tuesday so they can see checkout a few things. They gave me 2007 525 XI as a loaner. How great is that. For one I didnt even buy the car there and they are giving me a car that stickers for 52K to get back and forth to work while my car is being worked on.

I cannot say enough good things about BMW and how I have been treated. They are true professionals that care about customer satisfaction and making the customer happy. NOW I get why so many people drive BMW's.

If you are looking into get into a new car take look at a preowned Bimmer. If it has less then 50K on it it is WELL worth looking Into.

OK Im done

2. Chu Gai

Chu Gai Lead Actor

what were the problems and were they covered under warranty?

3. Mark Sherman

My passenger door would not open fom the outside and there was a recall on my ignition coils ( that I had no idea was a recall ) plus there was a slight squeak coming from my shocks.

4. Brandon_T

Brandon_T Screenwriter

As much as I loved my 325, the service center for BMW in Grand Blanc wasn't the best. They were often very rude, maybe because I was younger, and were never very accurate on their estimates.

I am glad that you had such a great experience. I drove my 325 til it had about 150k miles on it and it still ran very strong. Currently I have an Audi A4 quattro, and like it alot, its just not quite the same though.

5. MarkHastings

MarkHastings Executive Producer

I recently had to leave my car overnight and had forgotten my backpack in the car. I went in the next morning to get it and the guy brought me through the service area. OMG! Talk about pristine!!! [​IMG] It was SO nice and clean back there. HARDLY what you'd imagine a 'service garage' to look like.

And yes, their service dept. is definitely top notch. Obviously you're paying for it, but it's so refreshing to be treated well and not like some of these other dealerships that I've dealt with.

I mean, when you're bringing your car in for repairs, you want to be treated properly. You're already in a bad mood and the last thing you need to deal with is a bad service person.

6. Jeff_CusBlues

Jeff_CusBlues Supporting Actor

When I owned my 740iL, I had pretty good luck with service. Once though, they told me I would have to return the car because they needed to fix the cruise control. They said it wouldn't engage during their shakedown drive. I got in, fired up the car and when on the freeway, noticed that the cruise worked. I couldn't understand what the problem was until I told them and they said, "You mean that car has an cruise on/off button?" Yes, the 740iL has an on/off button as well as a Set button. Hmmmm, other than that, though, my experience was pretty good.

7. Bruce Hedtke

Bruce Hedtke Cinematographer

That's not all that unusual nowadays. A loaner is good advertising for them.

Bruce

8. Mark Sherman

I never thought of it like that.Im picking it up friday.

9. mylan

mylan Screenwriter

My wife bought a 2002 325, certified pre-owned at a BMW dealership last June and I must say we were both impressed with the level of professionalism at every point in the transaction. During the test drive I noticed that the steering seemed to pull one way and the dealer would not let us take it home until it was completely checked out. The next day we arrived to take it home and the salesman gave us a comprehensive demo of the various features before we left. Our salesman also called several times during the next week to see if we had any questions and to say thank you,even dropping us a personal note, we were stunned at this level of service but had to laugh as it was approaching that Adam Sandler SNL skit with the Italian waiters weird.
    That said, my wife had a "check engine" light come on and it was determined to be a loose gas cap. The service manager said he would correct it for free THIS time but that if it happened again he would charge her $56. He also asked, in a condescending way, if this "was your first BMW?" as if she didn't know any better. This was our only fault with anything.

10. AjayM

AjayM Screenwriter

I was happy with BMW service until I had to take the car in for some body work (hurricane damage). Now the car was perfectly drivable, had all it's windows, etc it was just all scratched up, when I called to make the appointment I specifically asked about how long the repairs would take, I was told 2-3 weeks (the adjuster estimated less than a week for repairs), so this was good enough for me. When I dropped the car off, I asked again how long it would take again I was told 2-3 weeks. By the end of week 2 I was told it would be a few more days, the car was all ready except for paint. By the end of week 3 I called again and was told it would be another 2 weeks as that everything was done except for the paint work. When I explained that my rental car reimbursement ran out that week he basically told me that they don't reimburse for rental's and that he never told me "2-3 weeks" from the start. I talked with his manager who told me the same thing. I waited 2 weeks and called, and was told 2 more weeks. Tried getting ahold of the GM of the dealership, he never called back, called BMW-NA, they told me they wouldn't do anything for me. 2 weeks later I'm told two more weeks, etc.

Finally they managed to hit their target date 60+ days after I brought the car in, where when talking to some other customers the body shop basically didn't give anybody a proper time estimate. I also learned that the fire department shut them down for 2+ weeks for various problems (they never told me about that, they gave me some lame excuse).

I tried being the nice guy, the bad guy, hell I even tried buying a new car during the process (trade in the car in the shop and drive out in a new one), nothing worked. I left 2 dozen messages for the GM, he never returned my calls.

Basically in the end I had to eat $900+ of rental car expenses.

But I still got the last laugh, we had bought 3 vehicles from the dealership for the 14'ish months prior to all of this happening, 2 of them are now gone and the other may stick around. I've also managed to talk 8 people so far into buying different cars or at least from different dealerships, knowing the 7% margin the dealership shoots for on purchases I've cost them at $25k in net profit and more than a quarter of a million in gross revenue. And this all went down 3 months ago. I've also done some various complaints (BBB and state agencies) but they didn't amount to much.

11. Mark Sherman

Picked up the carthis morning. This thing is just ROCK SOLID now. Before it would Kinda Shimmy a little on the highway.Now its Just awesome over 90. Oh I mean at 55 [​IMG]

I liked the 525 but the 330 is just so much more fun.

Chalk me up as one happy camper

12. Steve Schaffer

Steve Schaffer Producer

Almost all cars built since about 98 or so will set the "check engine" light if the gas cap's not fully tightenned--this is not a BMW characteristic at all.

I work in largish Toyota dealership service department and our experience is that the number one cause of "MIL On" (Malfunction Indicator Lamp--the official Federal Name for the check engine light) is a loose gas cap or an evaporative emmission control system hose being pulled off when an air filter was inspected by the kids at Lube & Go.

13. Mark Romero

Mark Romero Second Unit

I bought a 2006 530i back in December and love it. My local dealer is great as well, but then again, this is Germany.

14. Mark Sherman

I look forward to driving my car now. Its like an addiction. I havent driven my car in a day and I miss it. I have wednesday off and im gonna have some fun.

15. MarkHastings

When I first test drove one, I was kind of hesitant because I wasn't too familiar with BMW, but I was BLOWN away when the salesman had me go 50mph around a VERY tight turn. I remember going through this turn in my old car (at about 35mph) and practically going into the other lane, but the BMW hugged the corner SO DAMN WELL! I was HOOKED! I HAD to get this car!!! [​IMG]

16. Mark Sherman

I took a friend of mine for a ride sunday night. OMG he could not stop smiling he could not beleive how fast it was and how well it cornered. he Kept saying" DAMN I need a Better Job"

17. Max Leung

Max Leung Producer

This is the FIRST positive BMW dealer story I've ever heard in my entire life.

Mark, do NOT move to a different town - you have the ONLY BMW dealership in the world that doesn't suck! [​IMG] :p

18. MarkHastings

That must apply to me too. [​IMG]

19. Brian Perry

Brian Perry Cinematographer

Yeah, we don't call them the "Stealer" for nothing!

It's funny -- based on many of the sentiments listed here (great handling, solid build, etc.), I don't think I'll ever buy a different brand other than BMW. But unfortunately, the cars can be so complex and performance-oriented that more things are bound to go wrong, meaning more trips to the dealer. Of course, if you're under warranty, no big deal.

(And BMW is now the only brand that includes full maintenance during the warranty period.)

20. Mark Sherman

I wont be moving for a while.

WOW did it feel great to drive on wednesday. It was raining a little ans I was sideways when i pulled out of my drive way.

GIDDY UP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!