What's new

Blu-Ray Movie Price Drops Today! (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

PaulDA

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Paul
Radioman970 said:
James: When I'm in that position I just put 'em in my Amazon cart and just try to check my cart whenever possible to see which items in the cart have gone up or down.  It is certainly not a fail-proof system as sometimes items are marked down for just hours at a clip...but it's better than hoping that others will clue you in within the necessary window (you're just adding a middle-man!).  More direct the other way. Good luck!
Excellent tip. In fact, that's where I learn I had missed it. It told me those went back up. I know you get a loooong list where things will go up and down all the time. I'm glad they have that. But I hate I missed these. I'm finishing up XIII with commentary now. I can't wait to watch every single thing on those 2 sets. I'll check every darn day. Thanks.
It pays to check again and often. I had a film in my cart for a while at a price just above what I wanted to pay (remarkably, I resisted and left it there). Then, when ordering something I actually needed for work, rather than my own entertainment, I found the price had gone up 9$. A few hours later, having to order something else for work, I went back and the price was back down to what it was before (perhaps off by a few cents). Still just above the threshold, though I might not wait much longer, given the recent fluctuations.

Chuck Anstey

Screenwriter
Real Name
Chuck Anstey
I have those two titles in my Wish List and many more titles that I would buy if the price were right. Every so often I check my wish list for the current price. Not sure how much I want to pay for 6 episodes of Red Dwarf. Been watching it since 1992 on PBS and recently bought the first 8 seasons on DVD.

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
PaulDA said:
It pays to check again and often. I had a film in my cart for a while at a price just above what I wanted to pay (remarkably, I resisted and left it there). Then, when ordering something I actually needed for work, rather than my own entertainment, I found the price had gone up 9$. A few hours later, having to order something else for work, I went back and the price was back down to what it was before (perhaps off by a few cents). Still just above the threshold, though I might not wait much longer, given the recent fluctuations.
It's stressful! I definitely have a "going out of print" phobia. I'd love it if amazon would notify when something on the wish list drops. Steam and gamersgate do that for games and it's great.
Chuck Anstey said:
I have those two titles in my Wish List and many more titles that I would buy if the price were right. Every so often I check my wish list for the current price. Not sure how much I want to pay for 6 episodes of Red Dwarf. Been watching it since 1992 on PBS and recently bought the first 8 seasons on DVD.
I got each set as soon as they came out. I've been slow with IX, which I've seen and liked very much but haven't bought yet, and X, which I haven't but heard nothing but good about. There are no seasons I dislike, even the ones others mention. the DVDs are my most watched right now. I lost count. I'll most likely rebuy them all for a back up. I'm hoping for blu rays of the whole series some day. If they drop in price I'll sure post here.... AFTER I've ordered of course. ;)

Chuck Anstey

Screenwriter
Real Name
Chuck Anstey
I bought seasons 7 and 8 on VHS originally for even more than Season X Blu-ray just so we could watch them because they weren't being shown on PBS but tastes and expectations have changed.

Chuck Anstey

Screenwriter
Real Name
Chuck Anstey
Well I just ordered Red Dwarf: X on blu so expect the price to drop drastically very soon. I picked up a bunch of other $5 to $7 movies along with it or rather RD:X with those cheap movies.

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
Chuck - there you go! I'm actually getting it too. Sometimes this place is like Fantasy Island. ;) ... I didn't buy the tapes but I recorded them over and over again trying to get good copies. At first, PBS via outdoor antenna. Some didn't look so hot since I'm out in the middle of nowhere. :( Eventually I had each one recorded at least twice trying to get something watchable for each. I had them all graded for picture audio quality on a piece of paper. Very anal about that. But it sure was fun catching those every Saturday night. Then they finally showed them on BBC America on a three day weekend. I stayed up all three days without sleep (have NEVER done that before..it was strange) and recorded the show every time it was on during that. Seems like they played them in reverse order...? then in the correct order? Or was I just losing brain cells for lack of sleep? Seriously, if I tried staying up that long now I'd be in the hospital or like one of those power gamers who dies with a 360 controller in his hands after 3 days nonstop. Many were coming down with the sound out of sync. Darn dish thing. I may have recorded them yet again as they were playing them regularly. Finally, the DVDs of Series 1 was announced and I started doing the Krytie dance he does with the blob lady.

Chuck Anstey

Screenwriter
Real Name
Chuck Anstey
Radioman970 said:
Chuck - there you go! I'm actually getting it too. Sometimes this place is like Fantasy Island. ;) ... I didn't buy the tapes but I recorded them over and over again trying to get good copies. At first, PBS via outdoor antenna. Some didn't look so hot since I'm out in the middle of nowhere. :( Eventually I had each one recorded at least twice trying to get something watchable for each.
Apparently we have lived the same life. We recorded them OTA because we were renting a small house from a farmer in the middle of nowhere upstate NY. Channel 57. I can almost remember the "Brought to you by" that played at the end of each episode. "Brought to you by .... And also by Quarterstaff games..."

Radioman970

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
James Perry
Chuck Anstey said:
Apparently we have lived the same life. We recorded them OTA because we were renting a small house from a farmer in the middle of nowhere upstate NY. Channel 57. I can almost remember the "Brought to you by" that played at the end of each episode. "Brought to you by .... And also by Quarterstaff games..."
I can't even remember the channel. I do still have ALL of the tapes. You'd have to be a pack rat like me to still have yours... ;)

Chuck Anstey

Screenwriter
Real Name
Chuck Anstey
Radioman970 said:
I can't even remember the channel. I do still have ALL of the tapes. You'd have to be a pack rat like me to still have yours... ;)
You mean like these?
b69847f4_RD_tapes.jpeg

K

Kevin Collins

Amazon Daily Blu-Ray Deals 2/7/13:
Skyfall (James Bond)
$19.99 (was: $24.96)

Weeds: The Final Season
$19.99 (was: $29.79)

The Perks of Being a Wallflower
$16.99 (was: $18.29)

The Thieves (Dodookdeul)
$12.99 (was: $14.99)

WWE: The Very Best of WCW Monday Nitro 2
$22.99 (was: $26.99)

K

Kevin Collins

Amazon Daily Blu-Ray Deals 2/10/13:
Tomorrow Never Dies (James Bond)
$7.99 (was: $13.99)

The Dark Knight Rises (Batman / Combo Pack)
$14.99 (was: $19.96)

Cinderella II: Dreams Come True / Cinderella III: A Twist in Time
$19.99 (was: $24.96)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks