What's new

Blockfluster & Hollyweird video (1 Viewer)

Tom Bley

Grip
:angry: Well, today I went over to BB to rent JP3 and of course nothing but a shelf full of crappy pan and scam versions. So I said to the drone behind the counter, "where are the widescreen versions of JP3?" He gave a stupid look and said, "whatever is out there that's all we have." So, I went across the street to Hollywood and walked up to the display and wow! they had several of both widescreen and pan and scam....I picked a case behind one of the widescreen covers and when I brought it up to the counter I asked if it was widescreen he looked at the dvd and it said full frame and we tried a couple others on the shelf that were behind cases that said widescreen version and all of them were full frame dvd's. I was pissed and I let him know! He claimed that he liked widescreen. I told him to tell his manager and get some versions of the widescreen and I stormed out.
I wish the people that want pan and scam would go back to watching VHS and leave the dvd format alone. I now know (and hate) the problems with DVD becoming mainstream. It was never like this with LD.
:angry:

Brad_W

Screenwriter
I hate to be the guy to say this, but isn't there already two or three other threads about Blockbuster, Jurassic Park III, and/or Hollywood Video?
I'm not trying to be mean, but maybe your post would work better here or here

SteveGon

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Steve Gonzales
Same thing happened to me. What I want to know is why they put friggin' pan & scan discs in widescreen cases? At first I thought it was a mistake made by some ignorant drone, but now I don't know. Maybe it's some kind of twisted joke they're playing on us? Anyway, I paid to rent a widescreen version and I don't appreciate being deceived like this!

JohnS

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Steffens
I went to Hollywood Video and they had 20 copies of Druids to rent and ZERO(meaning they didn't want to carry it) of Hedwig and the Angry Inch.
How screwed up is that?

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks