What's new

Blockbuster frustrations (1 Viewer)

Jerome Grate

Senior HTF Member
First, if the time between you returning the video and them realizing the movie was missing was 2 days or more, I think that something you should argue with the manager that the time period opens the doors for any mistake with his/her staff can make and there's no way of finding out what those mistakes are. If you are an avid renter, then maybe the step to Netflix is for you or a change of return policy where each movie or game is opened in the presence of the employee indicating the return. It will take time and of course the staff will be aggravated but well worth the effort.

RyanCai

Grip
Yeah i returned it on Sunday & they called me Yesterday(Tuesday). I told the manager on the phone that i returned them & they checked it in. I should not be responsible for it anymore. She told me that i am cause i'm the last person to rent it. I told her anyone can take it in the past few days, she then says "Are you implying that one of my employees would take it? I told her forget it, just check the damn Security tapes & i'll see you tomorrow.

Jon Martin

Senior HTF Member

Like Blockbuster would ever hire a bad employee!! Heaven forbid.

And have her check every tape where your returned box is featured. Have her watch the tape of when it goes from being checked in, to being put on the shelf, all the time it is on the shelf etc.

Good luck Ryan, be sure to let us know what happens.

Qui-Gon John

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
John Co
I agree with Jon Martin. They did not say that you did not return it, as their system shows it checked in. They are trying to say it was an empty box, and even if it was, it's their fault for not catching this.

Since you said you already talked to the Store Manager, I wouldn't screw around at the store anymore. I'd get in contact with the Regional/District Manager and complain.

BrianAe

Second Unit
When I was in college, I rented a movie from blockbuster and returned it 2 days late. Since I was in college I didn't go back and rent another movie for many months so I didn't think about the late fee and never had a chance to pay. Blockbuster hired a collection agency that tried to add 50 dollars to the late fee for their trouble. Of course I told them all to pound sand and nothing bad ever happened.

I think now they've changed their practices and just charge your credit card though (which is better). So, if you don't want to pay you should be aware of that.

RyanCai

Grip
Well She told me they were going to call me after checking the security tapes but they never called..... So i ended up calling Blockbuster. I spoke with one of the employees & they told me its already resolved.

They didn't even bother telling me, not even an apology for being so rude to me on the phone. Anyway, i'm going to still cancel my account, i was actually hoping to speak with the manager instead of an employee oh well.... I think i might try Netflix again.

Saul Myers

Auditioning
Hey, I like Blockbuster. Often have the best selection in my area, the employees are friendly, and I don't have to worry about my kids bumping into the 'adult' section.

TonyD

Who do we think I am?
Ambassador
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Tony D.
"They say they are going to check the "Security tape" & if it shows that the employee did not check that i will have to pay for the DVD. Am i really responsible for this? I don't feel i should pay for something i don't have."

they didnt and couldnt check the tape.
very unlikely it would be available more then the next day unless an incident happpened that caused them to pull the tape right away.

they were totally wrong as soon as the tAPe was checked in.
if the csr did not look in the case at that time,
it was his fault.

they can very easily look at your acc't and find out who (csr)checked in the tape.

late fees never "mysteriously pop up" on an acc't.

they will be there for 2 reasons.
1 you returned the movie late.
2 you returned it on time but it didnt get checked in when it was supposed to.

when 2 happens they are supposed to take off the fee just from you saying to them that you returned it on time and you belive it wasnt checked in properly.

we do this at our store whenever it happens.

that one is funny as it is common fact that in blockbuster 75% of theft is by employees, may be higher.

glad it was resolved though.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks