What's new

Black Panther: Wakanda Forever (2022) (1 Viewer)

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
Grain of salt, obviously, but “Shuri” is trending on Twitter amid reports Letitia Wright may not return to finish BP2, as she won’t get vaccinated.

Sean Bryan

Sean Bryan
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sean
320A2A38-17BB-4759-8FB0-38EA7E478E82.gif

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
The question is: how much more shooting did she need to do? And would writing her out at this stage of production be practical? If they decided to recast it, they would essentially have to reshoot everything that she was in like when Eric Stolz was let go form Back to the Future. I fully expected them to write her out of the eventual third film, but I wonder how much disruption would be caused to this production if she is let go immediately.

JimmyO

Berserker
Real Name
Jim
I read a little bit online. I think the rumour is that she doesn't want to return to the MCU. Wasn't BP2 deemed exempt from the vaccination policy since they started shooting before the policy was enacted? I could have sworn that was mentioned somewhere. She also suffered a pretty serious injury on set not long ago, so there's that.

But even if she's willing to finish the film but doesn't want to return after that, then that would likely cause them to change the story somewhat from what they previously planned.

Jake Lipson

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jake Lipson
Production has indeed resumed in Atlanta including Letitia Wright.

The Hollywood Reporter said:
After several setbacks, among them a major on-set injury and COVID-19 infections, Marvel Studios' Black Panther: Wakanda Forever is finally restarting production, with star Letitia Wright healed and back in Atlanta ready to resume her role as fan-favorite character, Shuri.

Production was initially to have restarted last Monday, but was delayed thanks to several cast and crew, Lupita Nyong’o among them, testing positive for COVID-19. Shooting is due to resume in Atlanta next week on the Ryan Coogler-directed picture for what sources say will be about a four-week period.

More at the link:

Jeff Adkins

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jeff Adkins

jayembee

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Jerry
The problem with a lot of the "news" regarding her returning or not returning to the film is that many of the sources are seriously suspect. The ones I've seen that claim that Wright had been fired from the film are from the same "sources" that have been trying to convince everyone for the past few years that Disney/Marvel want to rid themselves of Brie Larson.

Malcolm R

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Malcolm
What's up with Lupita Nyong'o? Her positive test is part of what halted production a few weeks back. Now she has it again?

Last edited:

Josh Dial

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Josh Dial
What's up with Lupita Nyong'o? Her positive test is part of what halted production a few weeks back. Now she has it again?

I think the previous halt was because of Letitia Wright's injury. I think she left the country to recover (and it was the holidays or whatever, too) and then there were "issues" with re-entry because of vaccine status. I think that issue was resolved.

Joe Wong

Senior HTF Member
(May or may not be spoiler-ish, but just in case... behind the spoiler tag is a text description via Erik Davis' Twitter account.)

The first footage of Wakanda Forever has been shown at Cinemacon:

"Disney is showing almost 70 minutes of footage from the upcoming slate. The #BlackPantherWakandaForever footage included a great shot of Nakia, Shuri & Okoye all on the front line of what looked like a major battle approaching. Kevin Feige on stage now! Marvel up first"

Last edited:

Sam Favate

Premium
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Sam Favate
I'm going to say this is speculation but this report fits with all the rumors we have heard about this movie. If true, it sounds like they are producing something big for the MCU.

Translated, this reads "Namor will have a new origin in Black Panther: Wakanda Forever"
And before classic Marvel fans get upset, it doesn't sound much different from the old origin of the Sub-Mariner. And let's face it, DC beat them to the punch with the release of Aquaman.

TravisR

Senior HTF Member
I'm going to say this is speculation but this report fits with all the rumors we have heard about this movie. If true, it sounds like they are producing something big for the MCU.

Translated, this reads "Namor will have a new origin in Black Panther: Wakanda Forever"
And before classic Marvel fans get upset, it doesn't sound much different from the old origin of the Sub-Mariner. And let's face it, DC beat them to the punch with the release of Aquaman.
As long as
they keep the short shorts.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
papill6n
Recent bookmarks