What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

Beyond TV 3.5 (1 Viewer)

Steve Weeks

Stunt Coordinator
I just got an e-mail from snapstream saying that BTV 3.5 was available for download. Being still on dialup, I have not had a chance yet to download it. Has anyone tried 3.5 yet, if so what do you think of it?

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

Kelvin Tucker

Stunt Coordinator
I DL'd 3.4 a week before the 3.5 release, and was just getting to purchase it - but I anxiously awaited the builtin support in 3.5 for a serial cable box connection. So, when I got the email that 3.5 it seemed like a good idea to try it. Wow, I had nothing but trouble from day one.

Part of it may have been because I am(was) a trial user, but in any event I never was able to complete the setup wizard. I even cleaned it out and tryed a fresh install, to no avail. Darn thing would just leave me with an empty box to choose a "lineup" and sit there. After some backdoor wrangling I got it up.

The interface has changed, some parts better, some worse. The WebAdmin has been hidden away, so advanced settings are not easy to get to anymore. Personally, the whole BTV 3.5 experience was not pleasant so I decided to wait for them to work the kinks out.

You may want to review this -->

KBTV 3.5 Issues

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bmoore9
Recent bookmarks