What's new

Bette Midler "Gypsy"...OOP??!! (1 Viewer)

John Gilmore

Stunt Coordinator
Real Name
John Gilmore
I've searched all the online stores, and they all say that the 1993 version of the musical "Gypsy" starring Bette Midler has been discontinued.

Does anyone on the forum have any insights as to why it is OOP, and, more importantly, if a reissue is planned? I've checked the "coming soon" lists to see if it is simply being repriced, but can find no mention of it anywhere.

(Damn! Now I wish I had kept my LD copy...)

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thomas T

Senior HTF Member
I have no idea why it's out of print, John, but I never ever let go of a laser disc copy until the DVD is safely in my hands for exactly this reason.

Brian Kidd

Senior HTF Member
GYPSY was released on video by Cabin Fever Entertainment, which is defunct. I'm not sure who, if anyone, owns the rights to their films. I do know that Hallmark released one disc of THE LITTLE RASCALS that was originally released by CF.

MatthewA

BANNED
Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Matthew
Well, I won't be selling my laser disc copy of this one either.

I think Artisan Entertainment now owns the rights. Perhaps an SE is in the works? (Don't expect a director's commentary, he died before this special even aired)

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks