What's new
Signup for GameFly to rent the newest 4k UHD movies!

Best & Worst Title Sequences (1 Viewer)

Please support HTF by using one of these affiliate links when considering a purchase.

Robert Floto

Supporting Actor
I seem to recall liking the opening of Murder One quite a bit, but it's been so long since I've seen it I don't remember why...

Edwin_H

Stunt Coordinator
X-Files had a perfect title sequence. I'm a big fan of the Smallville opening as well. Might as well throw in The Shield. It's short, sweet, and it just fits.

Someone just had to go and say Full House. Now I've got that damn song stuck in my head! ARGH!

BenjaminX

Grip
I agree, the Murder One opening was brilliantly done. I've never been a fan of either of the Star Trek title sequences. The only one I liked was Deep Space 9.

Kevin M

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Kevin Ray

Not in my book, for me it will always be the opening theme from Star Trek The Motion Picture...because...well..it is.

Marvin

Screenwriter
Real Name
Marvin
The Addams Family!

Honorable mentions to Green Acres and Andy Griffith...

BrianW

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brian
Best:

Toonces, the Cat Who Could Drive a Car - Funny, even though it's fictional.

Worst:

Malcolm in the Middle - Though I "get it", it still grates on my nerves.

Chris

Senior HTF Member
Carnivale has, quiet possibly, the most beautiful intro I've ever seen.. I could watch it a hundred times.. it's hypnotic.

Eddy-C

Supporting Actor
I love the buffy and angel credits. My favorite buffy credits sequence is for season 3(everyone had great shots that year) and 6. (the shot of Spike standing in front of the motorcycle and in the subway in teh 70's are awesome). And my favorite Angel credits sequences are Season 4(before Lorne is added in the first 13 episodes) and Season 5(after Illyria and Harmony were added during the last 6 episodes)).

I also like Dead Like Me and Desperate Housewives and Smallville Boston Legal's(new) credits.

And yes, Alias' old credits are better. I can't believe they took out the Rambaldi eye. < o >

Joe:C

Second Unit
I always liked the intro to Amazing Stories. The CG may seem cheesy now, but at the time it seemed pretty cool.

Rob T

Screenwriter
Favourite:
Batman: TAS
X-Men: TAS
Spider-man: TAS
Gargoyles
Justice League
Babylon 5
The West Wing
Alias (season 1 - 3)
CSI

Worst:
Justice League: Unlimited
(and probably others that I can't think of)

ChuckSolo

Screenwriter
The absolute worst, and even though I like the show, has to be the new Jason Alexander sitcom "Listen Up.

I too like B5 Intros, nice change every season.

Worst: Has to be the title sequence to the original Buck Rogers in the 25th Century Series Pilot in the 70s. It was significantly shortened after the pilot and left out the 70s women lounging in seductive poses sort of BOND routine.

BrianW

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
Brian
Ah, I just remembered. One of my favorites of all time is the title sequence to the It's Gary Shandling's Show show.

James T

Screenwriter

I loved all the Disney themes.

Daring duck of mystery,
Champion of right,
Swoops out of the shadows,
Darkwing owns the night.
Somewhere some villain schemes,
But his number's up.

(3-2-1) Darkwing Duck (When there's trouble you call DW)
Darkwing Duck (Let'sget dangerous)
Darkwing Duck (Darkwing, Darkwing Duck!)

Cloud of smoke and he appears,
Master of surprise.
Who's that cunning mind behind
That shadowy disguise?
Nobody knows for sure,
But bad guys are out of luck.

'Cause here comes (Darkwing Duck)
Look out! (When there's trouble you call DW)
Darkwing Duck (Let's get dangerous)
Darkwing Duck (Better watch out, you bad boys)
Darkwing Duck!
http://www.stlyrics.com/lyrics/telev...rkwingduck.htm

The sad part is that I still remember about 90% of the theme. It's another useless fact I'll remember in case I ever make it to a gameshow.

Not a lot of people seem to like the Angel theme. I loved it more than Buffy. With the Buffy theme, I was sick of it by second season and on the DVDs, I'd just skip through it. With Angel, I'd watch the title sequence just for the music.

Another intro I liked was Bobby's World. Ya, it was done by John Tesh, but the whole sequence of Bobby and his tricycle going from room to room and adventure to adventure summed up the whole show and what to expect from the show for first time viewers.

DavidJ

Senior HTF Member
Real Name
David
I would add Numb3rs...

I think it does a great job of setting the tone for the show. I may show it (and maybe some of the others in this thread) to my CG for Broadcast class.

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Latest Articles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Josh.1983
Recent bookmarks