What's new

Best way to save hotmail msg's???? (1 Viewer)

Salvador

Second Unit
my account has ballooned to over 800 msgs so i need to save them all. I could do them one by one but that would take forever. Anyone now of a practical and quick way?

Kevin P

Screenwriter
If you have Outlook Express it should be able to download your hotmail messages.

KJP

Salvador

Second Unit
ok, i was able to setup my hotmail account using outlook express. How do you save everything though?

Kevin P

Screenwriter
Once you've downloaded your emails into Outlook Express they're on your hard drive instead of Hotmail's servers. So in essence they're "saved". Once the account is set up just hit Send/Receive and they'll be downloaded.

Salvador

Second Unit
how do you save them so that you could have all your msg's backed up in a CD-R? I format frequently so all the msg's have to be archived. Is there a way to save all the msg's in the inbox in one shot?

thanks

RobertR

Senior HTF Member
OE messages are save in a default directory. Options should tell you where it is.

Kevin P

Screenwriter
Search your drive for *.dbx files. You should find a folder with .dbx files corresponding to the folders in Outlook Express (e.g. inbox.dbx, outbox.dbx, etc.) Depending on your OS it could be in a user profile folder, or off the windows folder. Then you can back up the entire folder to a CD-R.

KJP

Ben Menix

Stunt Coordinator
You can also export them to a .pst file, which allows you to put everything in one file for backup. If you have a ton of messages, though, this file can get very big.
Ben Menix
[email protected]

Salvador

Second Unit
thanks guys for all the help. I was able to archive all my msg's in a .pst file (5mb).

Users who are viewing this thread

and receive essential news, curated deals, and much more

You will only receive emails from us. We will never sell or distribute your email address to third party companies at any time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Nielmb
Recent bookmarks